• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meeting Ray Park posted by Dre

8 posts in this topic

Scoring A Snake Eyes Autograph!

I had the chance a while back to meet and talk with Ray Park, the actor who plays Snake Eyes in the live action G.I. Joe movies and also play the character Darth Maul in Start Wars The Phantom Menace. I must say that I was very excited to meet Ray and tell him what a huge fan he had in my grandson, who is practicing Jui Jitsu. Ray Park being the total gentleman that he is, not only signed a Snake Eyes (color) photo but he also personalized it to my grandson with words of encouragement to keep up the good work on his martial arts! Oh, and he also took time to pose with me for the great picture below. I know this isn't a picture of a comic or cgc graded book, but to me it really was an experience worth so much more! If you get the chance let Ray know what a great job he had done bringing to life one of the major comic book characters in Snake Eyes.

14293.jpg

See more journals by Dre

That is absolutely awesome regardless if this is a comic or not. Seems like a truly stand-up guy. From personal experience I have learned most stars and artists are most cool when doing personalization.

Great story and I'm sure your... wait did you say Grandson??? Wow, would never have guessed.

K

I agree, it's great to put a face with the name.

Nice pic of you and Ray! I would love to meet him sometime as well down the road.

As to the grandfather issue, take a look back at my pics in my and TNerbs most recent journals.

I don't have any children, and never will, but if I had a kid when I was 18 and my kid had a kid when they were 18, my grandson would be 3 or 4 years old right now. And most people think I'm like 30 years old. The same goes for Tnerb as far as I'm concerned, and he is now my big brother. :)

You also look very young to have a grandchild. Congrats on meeting with Ray and stay looking young...

But if not, dont worry, I'll take up the slack!!!

lol