• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you love it when you find a box of comics that you forgot you had?

52 posts in this topic

So, over the weekend, I moved the contents of our 10 x 10 storage locker into a 5 x 10 storage locker. Among a stack of boxes containing old Overstreets, Heritage catalogs, and copies of CBG, I found a box of Silver Age comics that I had completely forgotten about.

Years ago, I remember Brent at Quality Comix asking me if I ever subbed the raw Batman #176 that he sold me, and I told him that I must have sold it raw on the boards, because I didn't remember sending it to CGC. There's also an 80 Page Giant #15 that I had thought I'd lost. Not a key book, but I always thought it was cool that the original receipt for 25 cents from Thrifty Drug was slipped between its pages, and was dated August 15, 1965, just two weeks after I was born.

So here's what I found. Really fun to see them again! :whee:

null_zps3c9f9672.jpg

null_zps847c1797.jpg

9e0a570f-40dd-4fbc-beb8-c9edb8928e88_zps24a58f9e.jpg

e00f8159-1124-420e-afe0-754421b1ed9b_zps1a5125fc.jpg

So, over the weekend, I moved the contents of our 10 x 10 storage locker into a 5 x 10 storage locker. Among a stack of boxes containing old Overstreets, Heritage catalogs, and copies of CBG, I found a box of Silver Age comics that I had completely forgotten about.

Hopefully, they are not all toasted by the warm California sun...., :eek:

No, I went through them last night and the page quality looked exactly the same as I remembered. The temperature seems to stay pretty consistent in the lockers we chose. Some of the books are sparkling white. :)

No, I went through them last night and the page quality looked exactly the same as I remembered. The temperature seems to stay pretty consistent in the lockers we chose. Some of the books are sparkling white. :)

Cool re-find. :applause:

I'm just about to rent a storage space the same size as yours this week or next week. Do you recall what maximum temperature they claim to keep the space at? The ones I've talked with so far locally promise no more than 80 degrees.

Cool re-find. :applause:

I'm just about to rent a storage space the same size as yours this week or next week. Do you recall what maximum temperature they claim to keep the space at? The ones I've talked with so far locally promise no more than 80 degrees.

I think they told me the same thing, but it always feels slightly cool in there to me. Never had a problem with temperature or insect damage.

Wow! Those 80 pg Giants are sweet!

They've dropped in popularity in the last few years, but I like them, and they were a lot of fun to page through last night. Shockingly, in a few years the 80 Pagers will be 50 years old! :o

Very cool. If only that could happen to me. What grade is the Bats 176?

It's a strong 9.4 with an outside shot at 9.6.

(worship)

Thanks. Might need to sub that one. hm

Well I have been thinking about that, since you didn't know you had it, might as well sell it cheap to me. You still come out in front...

(worship)

Well I have been thinking about that, since you didn't know you had it, might as well sell it cheap to me. You still come out in front...

lol, I actually paid a lot for that one. I bought most of the 80 Pagers when prices were higher on them.

(worship)

lol, I actually paid a lot for that one. I bought most of the 80 Pagers when prices were higher on them.

Ok, well I will let you think about.