• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't you love it when you find a box of comics that you forgot you had?

52 posts in this topic

I once found a Daredevil 132 that had fallen off the stack and was up against the wall with the white backing board showing so I didn't see it until I moved the shelves. So I know exactly how you feel.

I haven't been able to find my Conans for the past 5-6 years. I can't wait to be reunited with them. All I've got left is 1-24, so I must have stuck them in a box with some other title.

I haven't been able to find my Conans for the past 5-6 years. I can't wait to be reunited with them. All I've got left is 1-24, so I must have stuck them in a box with some other title.

I'll check my storage locker. Maybe they're there.

Not quite the same thing, but I recently went through my collection for the first time in 2 years. It's amazing how many books I completely forgot I owned. Almost like finding a new collection.

We're so busy trying to acquire new books, we don't appreciate the ones we already have!

A couple of years ago, I was cleaning out a closet in my Moms house when I found a hard plastic brief case. Inside were a bunch of retailer posters from my first store, circa 1984. There were also two manilla envelopes marked Keepers. The first one contained a Primer 2 and a B&W Grendel #1.

The other had a #2 and #3 TNMT from the original run, and they were signed and inscribed to me on the splash page by both Eastman and Laird. They were guest at a show I did, but I'd completely forgotten about these books. The Grendels got slabbed- 9.2 and 9.0.

A few months ago, I finally bought a copy of Hulk 180. Been looking for it for awhile. It was a slabbed 5.5 and when I went to put it in the box with my other slabbed Hulks, right where I went to put my new book was a CGC 6.5 copy of Hulk 180.

Someday, I'm going to get organized.

Someday. Just not today. Nor tomorrow.

I don't find boxes of comics, but I do find misplaced comics that I'd forgotten I bought. I opened a box one day and saw a copy of CBG with the title torn off. It was slid into a box of comics on it's side. It was some store's unsold copy. I looked at it in disgust and thought "I have too much stuff, why am I saving like this!" A trash can was nearby and I held it over the trash can and was about to drop it in. I decided at the last second to see if there were any interesting articles in it. I flip it open and sandwiched inside is a raw Hulk #5. It was low grade, but it was still a Hulk #5. It was at that moment that I actually remembered buying the comic and sandwiching the comic in the magazine to protect it on the drive home.

I was sorting through boxes one day and realized I had a second copy of Hulk #181 that I didn't remember buying. I have a dozen or so EC's that I didn't remember buying. If I think a comic is cool and the price is right, I used to have no problems buying "just one more". I had a tendency to buy any Captain America #117 I saw. I'd buy any Thor #193. When I'm sorting, I start realizing that I have a couple more than I thought I had.

DG

Not quite the same thing, but I recently went through my collection for the first time in 2 years. It's amazing how many books I completely forgot I owned. Almost like finding a new collection.

We're so busy trying to acquire new books, we don't appreciate the ones we already have!

I'm guilty as charged. The worst part is when I go to put away purchases after not being able to inventory (due to a busy life - kids, hunting seasons, etc.) and finding I've purchased three copies of the same issue.

I'm guilty as charged. The worst part is when I go to put away purchases after not being able to inventory (due to a busy life - kids, hunting seasons, etc.) and finding I've purchased three copies of the same issue.

When it gets to three, it means you're a hoarder :grin:

Back in 2005, I bought an Avengers SA lot on eBay. And I guess I put the box of books in a side drawer in my computer desk. I gave the desk to my brother soon after. He was in the process of moving last month and just returned the box to me. It included issues 35-36, 53-61, 63-65, 70, 72-79, 81-83, 87-88, and 117 to be exact. I always thought that I placed these books in a comic box and mixed it in with my collection somewhere, which I could never find. Drove me nuts for years.