• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign Comic Collector Magazine.. Issue #1 Full preview!

51 posts in this topic

Define999 are you preparing issue #2 ?

I think I can speak for Matt - we are in progress on the next issue. (thumbs u

Yes he sure can speak for me! (thumbs u

Elisa, you are a sweetheart! Thanks for the bump girl… Just for you I am going to give a preview of issue 2’s cover….. :foryou:

issue2_coverproof.jpg

When Mr. Mignola saw Solarcadet’s Death in the family foreign set he tripped…. And made for a perfect picture representing what we do. As foreign collectors we routinely show creators things at shows and versions of their art they didn’t know existed…. Is it validation for the coolness of this type of collecting? That could probably be debated…. But I guarantee showing…. (bored, seen it all, signing the same ‘ole stuff creators) things they have never seen before never gets old! :headbang:

:hi:

He just added a countdown clock for the release of issue #2. It's coming in December!

Tim Bildhauser

lscomics

FCC Associate Editor

Sure did and its awesome! Found the countdown clock on the Harvey Swick thread…. :gossip:

BTW Congrats Tim on the Associate Editor title!!! Couldn’t so this without ya….. Couldn’t do this without all the foreign crew. Every last one of them have had their hands in helping me…. With editing, contributing, writing you name it…. FCC is really all of our babies…. :banana:

:applause: Very impressive stuff - the design is great.

Thanks!

This was great!!

Thanks a bunch! Really like to thank the whole community here at CGC as well. Being as we are giving away the zine and all the content for free we have to get something out of it right? Well we do with the love of this community here and other forums like Lyria as well. The passion and love of all of you help drive us towards are goal of creating the best zine we can!

Also, I printed out a couple samples of issue 1 and I must say holding a physical copy in hand is def different from reading a .pdf online. Printing costs are troubling however…. We are still trying to figure out how to do it on the cheap or come up with some printing money. hm

fccontable.jpg

FCCissuelimelight.jpg

FCCissue1inside.jpg

lscomicsFCCissue1.jpg

Looks great :)

Needs more Archie :baiting:

Are you a Archie expert? Could a article be created on foreign Archie's and everything associated with that?

Yes, would I be interested in putting something like that in FCC?

Yes! :gossip: But who could write something like that? hm

Thanks for the :bump: Elisa. (thumbs u It's true... Matt (Define999) and I will be setting up in the Artist Alley at Indiana Comic Con with a truly incredible display (but not for sale) of foreign books. We will have physical copies of FCC we'll be handing out to people though. Quantities may be rather limited since we publish completely out of pocket but we'll do our best to have some for each day of the convention. Stop by and see some of the coolest books out there that you probably didn't even know existed. :hi:

I also wanted to drop a reminder that issue #2 will be up and running online Tuesday!

Great thread to read... it's interesting to see different variants from other nations. Yesterday I happened to find 2 BA Marvel comics "Team-Up" #83 and 89 with british price on covers. I do see a small difference on front covers from American front covers.

Did also saw one marvel comic - in french edition but I didn't take it. Maybe in next show later?

Thanks for the :bump: Elisa. (thumbs u It's true... Matt (Define999) and I will be setting up in the Artist Alley at Indiana Comic Con with a truly incredible display (but not for sale) of foreign books. We will have physical copies of FCC we'll be handing out to people though. Quantities may be rather limited since we publish completely out of pocket but we'll do our best to have some for each day of the convention. Stop by and see some of the coolest books out there that you probably didn't even know existed. :hi:

I also wanted to drop a reminder that issue #2 will be up and running online Tuesday!

Tuesday is coming fast.... Very excited! If you haven't signed up for email updates please do.... (thumbs u

issue2.jpg

Great thread to read... it's interesting to see different variants from other nations. Yesterday I happened to find 2 BA Marvel comics "Team-Up" #83 and 89 with british price on covers. I do see a small difference on front covers from American front covers.

Did also saw one marvel comic - in french edition but I didn't take it. Maybe in next show later?

Go for it, but remember..... once bitten by the foreign bug its very hard to stop.... :gossip:

Oh. When I saw the title I thought this was about collecting US comics abroad. There is a growing market outside of the US.

And I thought good idea.

But it is about collecting foreign books in the US. Also very interesting I think.

Good luck.

Collecting US comics from abroad is nothing new, at least to some degree it happened since the 1950s…

But collecting foreign edition of US comic books… it is a relatively recent phenomenon (although in limited ways it used to be done in Europe, i.e. Tex or Zagor collectors looking for foreign, non italian editions of these characters, or french collectors looking for Tintin or Blake & Mortimer albums from other countries).

Matt, that black gradient over Mignola's head makes him look like he‘s a retired chimney sweep… do something about it! lol

A good, solid read! Thanks (I've subscribed, but still waiting for my confirmation email).

The only thing I can bring to the table, is my Italian 'Capitan America' which has the Brubaker era Cap logo, but the cover of (and reprints in its entirety) 'West Coast Avengers' #50! (thumbs u

A good, solid read! Thanks (I've subscribed, but still waiting for my confirmation email).

The only thing I can bring to the table, is my Italian 'Capitan America' which has the Brubaker era Cap logo, but the cover of (and reprints in its entirety) 'West Coast Avengers' #50! (thumbs u

If I recall correcrly it’s simply a redrawing of the original 1940s logotype, with the same letterforms. They just re-used it.

As far as the italian issue you have, that is simply because the Avengers titles shared the book with Captain America (in the era of Corno as the publisher, it was Thor which hosted both the Avengers and later on Captain America when the first italian Captain America series was canceled).