• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign Comic Collector Magazine.. Issue #1 Full preview!

51 posts in this topic

A good, solid read! Thanks (I've subscribed, but still waiting for my confirmation email).

The only thing I can bring to the table, is my Italian 'Capitan America' which has the Brubaker era Cap logo, but the cover of (and reprints in its entirety) 'West Coast Avengers' #50! (thumbs u

If I recall correcrly it’s simply a redrawing of the original 1940s logotype, with the same letterforms. They just re-used it.

As far as the italian issue you have, that is simply because the Avengers titles shared the book with Captain America (in the era of Corno as the publisher, it was Thor which hosted both the Avengers and later on Captain America when the first italian Captain America series was canceled).

Ah, I see! Thanks for the info! :headbang:

Collecting US comics from abroad is nothing new, at least to some degree it happened since the 1950s…

But collecting foreign edition of US comic books… it is a relatively recent phenomenon (although in limited ways it used to be done in Europe, i.e. Tex or Zagor collectors looking for foreign, non italian editions of these characters, or french collectors looking for Tintin or Blake & Mortimer albums from other countries).

Matt, that black gradient over Mignola's head makes him look like he‘s a retired chimney sweep… do something about it! lol

A chimney sweep? :roflmao: Shoot man we are cutting this close! THe thing srops tomorrow man! :facepalm: Let me see what I can do..... :ohnoez:

A good, solid read! Thanks (I've subscribed, but still waiting for my confirmation email).

The only thing I can bring to the table, is my Italian 'Capitan America' which has the Brubaker era Cap logo, but the cover of (and reprints in its entirety) 'West Coast Avengers' #50! (thumbs u

Yea, I was worried about this.... webs has a weird problem with some of the subscription widgets.... I would have got a alert telling me of a new member... I didn't so I don't think it went through Kenners... try it again and contact me by PM if you want when you do and we will see if it worked or if thier is a deeper problem with the sign up widget.... :gossip:

Yea, I was worried about this.... webs has a weird problem with some of the subscription widgets.... I would have got a alert telling me of a new member... I didn't so I don't think it went through Kenners... try it again and contact me by PM if you want when you do and we will see if it worked or if thier is a deeper problem with the sign up widget.... :gossip:

Okay, I'll give it another go right now.

Great job guys! The magazine looks great. Interesting read all around. Kudos.

Hope you do well in the Indiana Comic Con.

Was proud to see some previously owned books featured there. So cool.

Olá Elisa. Abraço do Porto :hi:

Hi Matt and Tim

;)

i have a suggestion for the F.C.C. site.

Would it will be possible for you to find a volunteer writer to at least once a week post a small article to generate more interest and traffic to the F.C.C. site?

Olá Barbarian. Saudações de Setúbal :hi: