• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible...

10 posts in this topic

I have an Action Comics 18 blank cover. I'm doing some custom artwork to the front and back covers for a friend of mine. It will be a birthday present for him this next year. I'm curious what it takes for me to be able to do the artwork and sign it, and then be able to submit it to CGC and hopefully get a yellow label? Now I'm not some big name artist or even published at this point, but are those requirements to get a yellow label?

I'll just add that I think you would have to go to a convention and turn it in to CGC there in order to get a yellow label for a single book. Mail-ins require that you send in a minimum of 10 books, I believe (hence why most sketch opps on the boards here have 10+ slots).

In order for it to have a yellow label, there is supposed to be a CGC-recognized witness observe the signature to prove it's authentic. As you want it done for yourself, I would think you would be able to do that at any convention with a CGC table, since you can clearly vouch for yourself. I'm not sure of any way you could send it in without a CGC-recognized witness.

Alternatively, you could send it in as-is and it would still be graded, but would come back with a green label (Qualified) that had notes for "name and sketch drawn on cover." Not the same, but almost.

OR you could draw 10 sketches (provided you get approval) then mail them in for your own opp!

and kerblammo you don't have to buy any more gifts for people for a long time!