• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G/VG?? Huh?

9 posts in this topic

Believe it or not, there was an Action 1 graded G/VG 3.0 by CGC that Mega$auru$ used to have on his website that had FAR more of the front cover missing. Almost the entire upper left quadrant. Besides THAT, it was a mildewed, extremely dirty VG- at best!!!

That aside, you're correct. The Spiderman 1, according to Overstreet guidelines, could NEVER be given a grade without the word "fair" included, even if a split grade (Fair/Good).

With all due respect, Showcase used to be able to grade their @$$e$ off!!! I had spent relatively considerable money with them when they used to rule Sat and Sun mornings and afternoons on Ebay about 2 years ago. The books were graded right on the money. Suddenly, things changed, seemingly overnight. As if whoever was doing the grade assessments either was fired, changed, developed glaucoma, or just simply lost the will to live! At their peak of performance, I wouldn't just get fast service and accurately graded books, but follow up emails asking if I was pleased with my order, etc. The last load I received, I voiced my displeasure with, requested a return on ALL items and NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER, despite my repeated emails. A complete about-face on all aspects of their auctions, from inaccurate grading and glaring flaws not described in the auctions, right down to the service that had always been impeccable. I'm still puzzled to this day by the complete turn of events.

Hammer, I totally agree with you. In 2001, Showcase had a tremendous run of auctions of very high grade books and I won a lot and lost a lot. Their grading was right on the money. Over the last 6-8 months however, their grading has taken a very sad turn. I'll still bid on their auctions but I now bid less because I know that their 9.2 is more likely an 8.5