• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone make it to SPX?

3 posts in this topic

Had a blast. Bought up some Scott Morse Sam & Twitch artwork. Morse is about one of the nicest guys in comics, and probably my favorite artist of the moment. Nabbed the collected Sketchbook Diaries, Kochalka too is a damn nice guy.

Was the Bone HC gold embossed? Or was this some sort of variant extra nice HC they created just for the purposes of stuff like the SPX auction benefitting the CBLDF? Looked real real damn sweet.

I really wanted to make it, especially when I heard that Powell was selling "Goon" pages there. Unfortunately, too many prior plans and my schedule would just not allow it.

Were you there Friday to see Kyle Baker?

Was just there Saturday. Powell was sitting right across from Scott Morse, which was pretty damn cool as they were easily the biggest names amongst the regular exhibitors. Mignola and Jeff Smith were there, but they were doing signing type things, not exhibiting. Powell wasn't there, probably eating, when I first came through and spent half my budget on Morse art. The 2nd time through I was out of cash and admired the Goon stuff from afar as other folks paged through it.