• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what would you do if you won $50k?

72 posts in this topic

You win a contest, get a lucky lotto scratch off, inherit from a distant relative, hit on a stock pick...

What would you do with $50k?

Are you buying comics?

I would pay down some debt, invest some in the stock market, and be looking to upgrade my Brave and the Bold 28 or acquire a Showcase 4 or JLA 1

I would pay off all my loans, pay off credit cards then spend the remainder on some great books like an AF 15 and a Hulk 1. Sell the AF 15 for a decent profit after owning it a mere 2 months and then either upgrade the copy or buy into some other books/ titles that I have been interested in. Get hooked on that new title and then go into a spending frenzy and rack up the credit card and loan again acquiring books that are typically hard to find that suddenly come up for sale.

Corner the mid grade market on X-men 94s and start my own little empire right here in my man cave.

Life would be good :whee:

You'd need another zero or two.

Well lets see ... hm

Census states 145 copies in 5.5 and 186 copies in 5.0...

= 331 smack dab, dead in the middle copies.

Average based on current market and GPA is around $165 or so.

331 copies x $165 (on average) = $54615

Looks like I would be pretty close :grin: