• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with MyComicShop.com.

377 posts in this topic

First off let me say I visit this site multiple times a day, every day and have learned a lot about the hobby..I don't really post becuase I know I'm nowhere near an expert but do enjoy reading everyone's posts and appreciate all the valuable info I have learned from CGC Members.

On Friday Morning, I read here on the CGC Boards that Ghost Projekt was optioned by NBC.

I immediately purchased a #1 issue on EBAY for $12 and then found to my amazement MyComicShop.com which had issue #1 for $2.80, Issues 2 & 3 sold out and Issues 4 & 5 for like $2 each.

I immediately ordered 4 copies of issue 1 and my friend ordered 1 copy of issue 1 a few hours before me...all being advertised as NM.

The weekend comes and much like I figured the book was sold out on MyComicShop.com and my order was still pending.

Then today I check the site and they have MORE issues of #1 at $5 each.

Here comes the kicker....I get an email from MyComicShop.com today at 2 PM pacific saying my order was cancelled due to not being in stock. Let me repeat that the issue was available Friday, Sold Out this weekend and now available earlier today at a HIGHER cost and now once again sold out.

I called and spoke to the owner "Buddy" who said he was well aware of the situation, lied and said they were out of stock and once I pointed out they had issues available earlier today at a HIGHER price he had no response but to say "Take Your Business Elsewhere"

Just want to give everyone on the boards a heads up to what TERRIBLE business practices this company has. I spend hundreds of dollars in comics monthly both at my LCS and at MidTown, Ebay & Forbidden Planet.

I will surely NEVER entertain the idea of using this company again and I hope board members take the same advice.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

I got a shipment from them today with a couple #1 issues and was happy with the condition and price. Sorry to hear about that maybe it wasn't malicious and they just had a issue with the physical store inventory versus their online and ebay inventories. I've heard some shops that have both physical and online seem to get out of whack when it comes to if a issue is available or not.

Yes I'd be interested to see their reply as well.

Taco, sounds like you got lucky having a good experience. You were probably their first order before they figured out what was going on with the book,

I only speak the truth and I'm sure some people had good experiences with this shop in the past however how they dealt with my situation (and my friend's as well) should never happen if you are a good business person...and especially never speak and treat your new customers the way he did.

Like I mentioned earlier, I order on MidTown, Forbidden Planet and Ebay and never have had an issue until I had the unfortunate experience of ordering through MyComicShop.com

Natevegas, I'd believe that if like I mentioned it was not "sold out" this weekend and then put back up today at a higher cost (albeit not too high)...Why sell issues again today a few dollars more and then not honor the customers who purchased same issue 3 days before which they now claim was out of stock at the time they went to fulfill order.

Also, it isnt like this was a newer book, the book is several years olf and all of a suddden after the weekend they find more to sell at a higher cost and then not honor orders from Friday at a lower cost????

100% agreement. They pulled the same with me when Todd the Ugliest skyrocketed.Amazing that I have never had a problem with any other comics I have purchased from them being in stock until I purchase one that is "suddenly" hot. I have not purchased from them since. I called them and some kid name Skylar actually hung up on me. I called back and said "Did you really hang up on me"? His reply was to hang up on me again. I sent an email explaining my experience and got no reply. Worst customer service ever. Funny thing was when I saw that they had Ghost Projekt on Ebay all I could think was...they must not know it is going to be rising yet. I would love to hear someone from that company trying to justify their lack of customer service. I hope they go out of business. "Instant Kharma is gonna get 'em"!!!!

I understand businesses need to make their money where they can, in a former life retail management was my thing. Businesses like this have to either decide if they are going to chase hot book sales sporaticly, or consistant customer service. Trying do chase a few dollars on each book will kill a business.

I understand businesses need to make their money where they can, in a former life retail management was my thing. Businesses like this have to either decide if they are going to chase hot book sales sporaticly, or consistant customer service. Trying do chase a few dollars on each book will kill a business.

I have never been treated this poorly ever. The fact that i have now heard of other people being treated the same way has convinced me this is not an isolated "incident'. This is "Big Business" not caring about the small customer. I am guessing that they have lost $10,000 worth of business from me over the next 10-15 years.

I'm a fairly reasonable person... Even if they didn't honor my purchase from Friday I could h e understood if the owner of the company named Buddy would have had good customer service skills and said something like I'm so sorry this happened... I know you are a new customer so let me give you a 10 dollar credit towards your next purchase or something like that

It was still a dirty business thing they originally did but to no try and make a customer happy especially in today's economy is AMAZING to me and I think they need to take some business classes or something.