• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My experience with MyComicShop.com.

377 posts in this topic

I've been able to buy a lot of stuff from MCS through their online store and ebay. I've been very pleased most of the time with condition and all of the time with service. I am on the outside looking in but I would think they would try to work with you. One thing to keep in mind is that they have different prices on ebay based on condition so it's possible that it was a different sale.

It still sucks when this happens. I just had my 3d orders cancelled for this coming week's books by Midtown. I've purchased enough books from them to open a comic shop so I thought this would never happen. Unfortunately it did. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because they've been right a lot more than they've been wrong. The hanging up thing and go somewhere else is unprofessional. I would ask to speak to the manager or owner over that. I'm sure they wouldn't want their employees speaking to customers this way. 2c

This isn't going to get "resolved" for Shazzam. THEY DON'T GIVE A @$&%! He is one customer. To quantify their business by saying they pack the comics well is completely missing the point. How do they handle less than perfect situations. They are flat out uncaring and rude. If I saw an article on Yahoo tomorrow that said MCS went out of business I would feel that justice is served. They don't even have the stones to reply to an email. Worthless.

I called and spoke to the owner "Buddy" who said he was well aware of the situation, lied and said they were out of stock and once I pointed out they had issues available earlier today at a HIGHER price he had no response but to say "Take Your Business Elsewhere" .

MCS is a Jekyll and Hyde operation.

Conan, the son, is Dr Jekyll. He is friendly, good with customer service, and quick to resolve complaints.

Buddy, the father, is Mr Hyde. What you got is typical, with take your business elsewhere his usual suggestion to complaints. I suspect he could incite Mother Teresa to violence.

I have had great experiences with both MCS and Midtown where I get my normal subscriptions and add ons. I was dissapointed this month that Midtown did not ship the DC .1 covers (regular, I would not expect 3D) for my subscription titles and I contacted them. They said .1 covers are not part of subscriptions but yet when Marvel has .1 issues they make sure and send them every time. Oh well, I felt it was just an easy way out but I will not hold it against them. I have never had a bad experience with MCS but usually only order back issues from them that I cant find at Midtown.

The way I look at it is that one bad experience does not offset the hundreds of good ones.

Yes I'd be interested to see their reply as well.

Taco, sounds like you got lucky having a good experience. You were probably their first order before they figured out what was going on with the book,

I only speak the truth and I'm sure some people had good experiences with this shop in the past however how they dealt with my situation (and my friend's as well) should never happen if you are a good business person...and especially never speak and treat your new customers the way he did.

Like I mentioned earlier, I order on MidTown, Forbidden Planet and Ebay and never have had an issue until I had the unfortunate experience of ordering through MyComicShop.com

Sorry you had a bad experience but I think there might be other factors here. When they get new issues of the "hot" comics in stock they sell quickly because they dont price gouge.

Here's my dilemma. I always had great service with MCS. Just today, my order of 5 ghost projekt was cancelled 2:41 pm. Normally, they have never cancelled anything that can be ordered on their site and have given me great services from ordering to handling returns.

I hope their system just got a glitch and gets it fixed soon. I don't want to lose such a good online comic retailer.

That stinks. I hope they read this and stop following the milehighcomics method of online selling. :(

I thought Milehighcomics' price was outrageous. I almost never purchased but fewest.

Mycomicshop.com follows the fair market. If the books have not sold in few weeks, the prices will be decreased. I got many nice raw grade books from them. I had just few complaints but got used with them.

If you order new books, it intends to be sold out. I have same problem with Graham Crackers Comics when the new released books were sold out even I was on the subscription.

Buddy is a good guy but remember that Diamond Retailer Distributor is really greedy and powerful. Diamond must have the order of 435 dollars minimum per month and is not allowing anybody to sell the books on ebay only but they will accept the LSC as the brick and mortar with a quality ecommence website. I thought about that but I could not afford to pay $435 a month and the building rent if I don't sell well. My LCS sells only regular covers not variant covers. They told me that was too expensive to have the variant covers. I use Graham Crackers to subscribe the comic books included the variant covers.

Mycomicshop is one of largest comic book stores in USA. Buddy has to order the quantity of comic books per month to meet their status quo. Buddy may not able to re-order other quantity. It is too expensive. Diamond Retailer Distributor controls all comic book stores all around the world.

If the comic book is available, Buddy and other people have to increase the price on the book if it is still in high demand. That is pretty common. Other comic book stores will do the same thing.

Here's my dilemma. I always had great service with MCS. Just today, my order of 5 ghost projekt was cancelled 2:41 pm. Normally, they have never cancelled anything that can be ordered on their site and have given me great services from ordering to handling returns.

I hope their system just got a glitch and gets it fixed soon. I don't want to lose such a good online comic retailer.

Once again i think everyone is missing the point. Forget that there are some "fishy" practices with hot titles. That still doesnt excuse the attitude towards customers. If the father's attitude (and employees like Skylar) is we dont care coupled with not even having the decency to respond to an email describing the horrible customer service then they do not deserve your guys hard earned money and will certainly not get mine. I dont care if "good people" Conan farts a CGC 9.8 copy of Ghost Projekt to give to Shazam.