• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPOILER-FILLED thread about Agents Of SHIELD
1 1

2,204 posts in this topic

I enjoy the show, it's different than other stuff out there and it is improving week by week.

I should probably try it again. I really want to like it and I do like Clark Gregg but what has turned me off the most is that wannabe hacker woman (don't know actress or character name) who was just too much of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for being any kind of government agent. She breaks the suspension of disbelief that normally makes a show like this so fun. She reminds me of when I was supposed to believe Denise Richards could be a Nuclear Scientist in that Bond movie...just not even possible for a second.

C'mon though - it was Denise Richards.

10886343_ori.jpg

I enjoy the show, it's different than other stuff out there and it is improving week by week.

I should probably try it again. I really want to like it and I do like Clark Gregg but what has turned me off the most is that wannabe hacker woman (don't know actress or character name) who was just too much of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for being any kind of government agent. She breaks the suspension of disbelief that normally makes a show like this so fun. She reminds me of when I was supposed to believe Denise Richards could be a Nuclear Scientist in that Bond movie...just not even possible for a second.

10886343_ori.jpg

She can be whatever.......

that pic is astonishing!

Ward = Jayne

May =Zoe

Wonder Twins = Dr. Tam & Kaylee

Skye = Enora or River ?

Colson = Mal ? Shepherd ?

Am I reading too much into it? I mean, how many shows has Seth Mcfarlane put out with the same formula? Also, can someone give the Whedon brothers Steven Moffat's number?

10886343_ori.jpg

Oh I'm a fan of hers but for me that Bond film was as distracting as watching It's a Wonderful Life with Sling Blade in the Jimmy Stewart role. I mean make her a spy or an athlete or almost anything other than a nuclear scientist... doh!

Ward = Jayne

May =Zoe

Wonder Twins = Dr. Tam & Kaylee

Skye = Enora or River ?

Colson = Mal ? Shepherd ?

Am I reading too much into it? I mean, how many shows has Seth Mcfarlane put out with the same formula? Also, can someone give the Whedon brothers Steven Moffat's number?

IDK who any of those people on the right side of the equals sign are.

-slym

10886343_ori.jpg

She can be whatever.......

that pic is astonishing!

She might be pretty on the outside, but she isn't all that great on the inside.

On the plus side, she likes the butseks.

:shrug:

-slym

OK, I got caught up on this over the weekend, I had missed the past two episodes.

Not one comment on Mae kicking with the Asgardian staff? Nothing about Mae & Ward workng off some staff-induced anger issues on each other in the bedroom? Nothing about how the last episode, while good in backstory, had a main story that has been done to death??

BTW - I am slowly falling in TV love with Elizabeth Henstridge. She looks better than Chloe Bennett any day.

I also still think Ming-Na is hot.

;)

-slym

OK, I got caught up on this over the weekend, I had missed the past two episodes.

Not one comment on Mae kicking with the Asgardian staff? Nothing about Mae & Ward workng off some staff-induced anger issues on each other in the bedroom? Nothing about how the last episode, while good in backstory, had a main story that has been done to death??

BTW - I am slowly falling in TV love with Elizabeth Henstridge. She looks better than Chloe Bennett any day.

;)

-slym

And I also will bet any amount of money that you are not Asian.

;)

-slym

curious. I think Ming-Na is hot as well and I am a white dude. Does it mean my Infinity Gauntlet shouldn't be fondling my Cosmic Cubes?

;)

I am also not black, but I find Halle Berry attractive.

I am also not Indian, but find Aishwarya Rai attractive.

I am also not Italian, but find Sophia Loren attractive.

What is your point?

-slym

;)

-slym

What does that have to do with anything?

The only sense I can make out of that, is he thinks Asians don't find Ming-Na attractive. Which is a broad stroke to paint, as beauty is quite subjective.

-slym

I eagerly await his explanation.

;)

I am also not black, but I find Halle Berry attractive.

I am also not Indian, but find Aishwarya Rai attractive.

I am also not Italian, but find Sophia Loren attractive.

What is your point?

-slym

I agree with all those points. Especially Aishwarya Rai.

Ming Na Wen just happens to be on a list of Asian women in American media that most Asian guys (that I know) are like "really? her?" when someone says she's hot. Obviously everyone likes different stuff, just a weird theory that seems to hold true with people we know.

That being said, I think she's a pretty good actress and solid on the show.

*** a new edition to the aforementioned list would be the non-love interest sidekick girl from the Wolverine movie. "really? her?"