• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantagraphics to publish Don Rosa collection of Duck stories

22 posts in this topic

File this in the "I'll believe it when I see it." category.
I believe it already. Fantagraphics is already publishing awesome collections of Barks duck books and Gottfredson mouse books. No reason they'd flake on this solicit.

Fantagraphics has a habit of soliciting, canceling, and then re-soliciting. From the time they announce something to the time it actually comes out can be a bit longer than what most publishers do.

Some of this, obviously has to do with the nature of what they are publishing, which is very audience specific (French translation Jaques Tardi crime comic HC's - which are freaking fantastic by the way), so they sometimes need to build the buzz and number of pre-orders to justify publishing.

Obviously Barks fans are many, and that's why I say, if you want it, pre-order it, and it should get published faster with less delays.