• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"...Nor hell a fury like a customs dodger scorned..."

83 posts in this topic

I usually offer to pay with an RBC international US funds money order. (Royal Bank of Canada) I'm told there is no fee for cashing/depositing them. To this date, do one has told me they were charged anything to cash it.

Hey, if I could pay with Canadian cash I would. That would save me the $8 and the trip to the bank to get the money order :P

Offer to pay in gold or silver coin.

:D

-slym

[font:Book Antiqua]Kudos to one of the best EBay USA seller (for USA & Canadian market):

comics4less

He always begin the listing of his book with a low price

and the shipping cost to Canada is always $ 5.00 dollars. (Including CGC books)[/font]

(thumbs u

5star-572x210_zps8638e29d.jpg

If his shipping is $5 to Canada, he's losing money on every sale. Keep buying form him, because he'll be out of business shortly.

[font:Book Antiqua]EBay seller since 2005

7,893 positive transactions

3 neutral transactions

10 negative transactions

Maybe you should send him a Email and tell him what a loser seller he is...[/font]

:gossip:

So I went to his listings.

All comics are bagged and boarded. We are very strict with our grades and I do accept returns if you don't agree with any grades. There are no returns on third party graded comics like PGX and CGC already graded comics.

The price for shipping is $5.00 for each CGC comic. Unfortunetely, there are no discounts on shipping for the CGC comics because it costs me more than $5.00 to send each CGC out. The items are shipped safely in a Priority Box.

Each one of those shipments is losing him at a minimum $4 per transaction.

I do accept Paypal.

I don't ship outside of the United States except Canada. Canada's shipping price for CGC comics are $5.00 each.

There is No Reserve on this auction.

You can say what a great guy he is, but If he is shipping you books from the United States to Canada for $5, he's losing money on every transaction.

If he is shipping CGC books to Canada using Priority boxes and charging you $5, he's either building it into the cost of the book, or he likes lighting his money on fire. You cannot ship a package from the United States to Canada in a Priority Box for $5.

[font:Book Antiqua]Kudos to one of the best EBay USA seller (for USA & Canadian market):

comics4less

and the shipping cost to Canada is always $ 5.00 dollars. (Including CGC books)[/font]

(thumbs u

If his shipping is $5 to Canada, he's losing money on every sale. Keep buying form him, because he'll be out of business shortly.

3 neutral transactions

10 negative transactions

Maybe you should send him a Email and tell him what a loser seller he is...[/font]

All comics are bagged and boarded. We are very strict with our grades and I do accept returns if you don't agree with any grades. There are no returns on third party graded comics like PGX and CGC already graded comics.

The price for shipping is $5.00 for each CGC comic. Unfortunetely, there are no discounts on shipping for the CGC comics because it costs me more than $5.00 to send each CGC out. The items are shipped safely in a Priority Box.

I do accept Paypal.

I don't ship outside of the United States except Canada. Canada's shipping price for CGC comics are $5.00 each.

You can say what a great guy he is, but If he is shipping you books from the United States to Canada for $5, he's losing money on every transaction.

If he is shipping CGC books to Canada using Priority boxes and charging you $5, he's either building it into the cost of the book, or he likes lighting his money on fire. You cannot ship a package from the United States to Canada in a Priority Box for $5.

[font:Book Antiqua]I could tell you this:

1. I have buy books from this seller many times

2. Every time the books arrive perfectly packed and protected

3. the seller always begin the sales with a low price.

4. The seller "Always" leave a positive feedback when you pay

and before he ship the book.

5. he have a +++++ Positive Reputation an ongoing business...

6. he is the easy American dealer to deal with...

7. HE HAVE MY MONEY,

AND MANY MORE CUSTOMERS.

8. He is doing something right...[/font]

(thumbs u

comics4less

(thumbs u

3 neutral transactions

10 negative transactions

I do accept Paypal.

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe you could go an explain to him

how to run a successful business

with a positive EBay feedback...[/font]

:popcorn:

- I send US dollar money orders to the US frequently without a problem. They are from the Royal Bank and it says JPMorgan Chase right on them as the US partner.

I use RBC as well. It's US funds drawn on a US bank. Should be no problem cashing it in the US.

My guess is that he is shipping First Class Mail to Canada

Magnus,why don't you confirm?

[font:Book Antiqua]All the boxes has been destroyed,

next time I will check,

Not big difference IMHO

One thing I have noticed with his auctions

since he begin with a low price

buyers keep bidding and the books go for a very good price for him...[/font]

comics4less

(thumbs u

3 neutral transactions

10 negative transactions

I do accept Paypal.

[font:Book Antiqua]I could tell you this:

1. I have buy books from this seller many times

2. Every time the books arrive perfectly packed and protected

3. the seller always begin the sales with a low price.

4. The seller "Always" leave a positive feedback when you pay

and before he ship the book.

5. he have a +++++ Positive Reputation an ongoing business...

6. he is the easy American dealer to deal with...

7. HE HAVE MY MONEY,

AND MANY MORE CUSTOMERS.

8. He is doing something right...[/font]

(thumbs u

I just spoke to Pete who runs comics4less and last month was one of his best months ever.

3 months ago he raised Canada shipping to $8 which was still shipping at a small loss but got DSR dinged on shipping by some Canadians who thought that was outrageous shipping charges. So he lowered back to $5 to please the Northerners and keep his top rated status.

I would have said no more international shipping.

Probably what he loses in shipping he makes up in 20% FVF discount for top rated status.

His discounting shipping and losing $4 per CGC comic is really not much different than selling regular comics and offering free shipping. A loss is a loss but you do win a loyal fan base.

Leroy

comics4less

(thumbs u

3 neutral transactions

10 negative transactions

I've bought from him several times and the experiences have been overall positive. But at $5 shipping, he is losing money - on shipping. BTW, even though it's only $5 the shipping is quite secure and professional.

It's like Heritage I imagine. Canadian buyers probably factor the "cheap" shipping into their final price they'll pay. No different than bidding on an item with "free" shipping. You can be comfortable bumping your bid another $10 or so since you don't "pay" for shipping.

He's not doing it because he's feeling magnanimous. Same reason some people just do free shipping and jack their BIN prices. No risk of getting a lower DSR from a buyer over shipping charges. Just like Leroy said happened to comics4less. But I think it's telling that when he raised it to lose less money on each shipment, Canadian buyers dinged him on the shipping rates.

I just spoke to Pete who runs comics4less and last month was one of his best months ever.

3 months ago he raised Canada shipping to $8 which was still shipping at a small loss but got DSR dinged on shipping by some Canadians who thought that was outrageous shipping charges. So he lowered back to $5 to please the Northerners and keep his top rated status.

Probably what he loses in shipping he makes up in 20% FVF discount for top rated status.

DSRs from international buyers do not affect top rated seller evaluation. Only US buyers are counted.

Requirements for Top Rated seller status

Top Rated seller eligibility is reviewed every month. The below requirements must be met to achieve Top Rated seller status:

$1,000 or more in annual sales to US buyers

Upload tracking on at least 90% of transactions to US buyers within your stated handling time

Active eBay account for at least 90 days

100 or more transactions with US buyers over the past twelve months

Compliance with the Selling Practices policy

Rates of 1s and 2s* on DSRs with US buyers not to exceed the following rates and counts:

Items as described: 0.50% and a count of 2

Communication: 0.50% and a count of 2

Ship time: 0.50% and a count of 2

Shipping & handling charges: 0.50% and a count of 2

DSRs from international buyers do not affect top rated seller evaluation. Only US buyers are counted.

And yet my Canadian DSR rating was affected by US buyers. :mad:

Requirements for Top Rated seller status

Top Rated seller eligibility is reviewed every month. The below requirements must be met to achieve Top Rated seller status:

$1,000 or more in annual sales to US buyers

Upload tracking on at least 90% of transactions to US buyers within your stated handling time

Active eBay account for at least 90 days

100 or more transactions with US buyers over the past twelve months

Compliance with the Selling Practices policy

Rates of 1s and 2s* on DSRs with US buyers not to exceed the following rates and counts:

Items as described: 0.50% and a count of 2

Communication: 0.50% and a count of 2

Ship time: 0.50% and a count of 2

Shipping & handling charges: 0.50% and a count of 2

I think we can all agree, comics4less needs to charge Canadians more for shipping. Screw them.

WHEN OH WHEN WILL TELEPORTATION BECOME A REALITY!! I'm willing to give up on the idea of flying cars if we can just get reliable and effective teleportation technology.

Actually, they'd probably regulate that too charging an even bigger fee for international teleportation. sigh, damn they think of EVERYTHING!!! UGH!

Aw hell let's just annex Canada and call it a day. We share nearly everything already:

currency is now about equal.

Universal Healthcare more or less

Democracy

Military and strategic training and defense networks

Largest imports of Oil and Natural Gas are from Canada

Hollywood actors/actresses

Comic book characters: Wolverine, Alpha Flight, etc

NHL (why do we have more professional Hockey teams than our neighbors to the north?)

Basketball (invented by a Canadian immigrant)

Language (bad English) even in the French areas

illegal Drugs

Guns? Not sure about the laws there but I'm sure there's a lot of hunting that goes on.

Gold coins: Canadian Maple leaf is 2nd only to the Eagle in US purchases.

Speaking of Maple leaves: Maple syrup! Yum!

Love for comic books

Just a thought. It'll happen someday you know...likely before Mexico is Annexed. Viva United States of North America! Yeehaw!

$5 shipping for CGC comics? Really? damn.

NHL (why do we have more professional Hockey teams than our neighbors to the north?)

------------------------------

The same reason California has 5X as many baseball teams as Georgia or Wisconsin?

WHEN OH WHEN WILL TELEPORTATION BECOME A REALITY!! I'm willing to give up on the idea of flying cars if we can just get reliable and effective teleportation technology.

Actually, they'd probably regulate that too charging an even bigger fee for international teleportation. sigh, damn they think of EVERYTHING!!! UGH!

Aw hell let's just annex Canada and call it a day. We share nearly everything already:

currency is now about equal.

Universal Healthcare more or less

Democracy

Military and strategic training and defense networks

Largest imports of Oil and Natural Gas are from Canada

Hollywood actors/actresses

Comic book characters: Wolverine, Alpha Flight, etc

Basketball (invented by a Canadian immigrant)

Language (bad English) even in the French areas

illegal Drugs

Guns? Not sure about the laws there but I'm sure there's a lot of hunting that goes on.

Gold coins: Canadian Maple leaf is 2nd only to the Eagle in US purchases.

Speaking of Maple leaves: Maple syrup! Yum!

Love for comic books

Just a thought. It'll happen someday you know...likely before Mexico is Annexed. Viva United States of North America! Yeehaw!

$5 shipping for CGC comics? Really? damn.

When we run out of trees down here, "Canada" will be our next 10 states.

:D

-slym

comics4less

(thumbs u

3 neutral transactions

10 negative transactions

I do accept Paypal.

--------------------------------------

No basis to assume he is "losing money" because his cheap shipping should result in higher bids in a rational/informed market. If you assume ebay is a rational market (and, admittedly, many ebay buyers don't have an ounce of common sense), the $5 shipping is factored into a final price someone is willing to pay. canadians, being more subsidized than americans by this particular seller, should be willing to bid even more with this guy.

this is economics 101..well, in theory.

obviously it isn't always going to work out this way, but OTOH, some canadians might be so excited by the cheap slab shipping that they wind up bidding MORE (overall, including shipping costs) than they would otherwise. not to mention, plenty of americans as $5 is below cost in the U.S. too.

of course, if he doesn't build some of the "loss" into the starting price you have to hope you have an item in which at least two folks are interested to make the market rational and bump up the price.