• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most CGC copies you own of one book.

105 posts in this topic

screwy.gif

Seek help.

tongue.gif

insane.gif

What's the point of having a signature series book when the signature is on the interior? That never made any sense to me. What do you guys do, just gaze at the pretty yellow label and imagine the signature on the inside? screwy.gifpoke2.gif

Why would anyone get Byrne to sign a cover he didn't work on? screwy.gifpoke2.gif

screwy.gif

Seek help.

tongue.gif

insane.gif

What's the point of having a signature series book when the signature is on the interior? That never made any sense to me. What do you guys do, just gaze at the pretty yellow label and imagine the signature on the inside? screwy.gifpoke2.gif

Why would anyone get Byrne to sign a cover he didn't work on? screwy.gifpoke2.gif

By that logic a comic's writer would never sign the cover either. confused-smiley-013.gif Just seems bizarre to have a signature series where you can't see the signature. Isn't that the whole point of getting a book signed in the first place?

screwy.gif

Seek help.

tongue.gif

insane.gif

By that logic a comic's writer would never sign the cover either. confused-smiley-013.gif Just seems bizarre to have a signature series where you can't see the signature. Isn't that the whole point of getting a book signed in the first place?

Why do I need to see the signature? I just like the idea that Byrne opened my book and signed the 1st page. Cover signatures are usually overly exaggerated, and I feel they often take away from the cover.

Just my preference. confused-smiley-013.gif

I just like the idea that Byrne opened my book and signed the 1st page.

I guess I never thought of it that way. confused-smiley-013.gifthumbsup2.gif For me, the fun was always the signature itself and the memory associated with getting it signed.

Ok, just add my 2 cents, or pence, depending on where your reading this from.

I love Silver Surfer #4, cover, story, art work, it was one of the best comics ever produced...but sadly I only have the one at the moment (9.6 W) down from an all time high of 3. But the number that have passed through my hands...sigh.

But frustration has driven me distraction on a few books. Tales to Astonish #93, great cover, good story...bad CGC grading of this book has always been lacking in my opinion, so still looking, and still counting at 4 copies, all 9.4.

Same story with Nick Fury #4, all white cover, and the PC, and Winnipeg copies were an off white, sour milk colour, so it took lucky number 3 to get a brilliant white cover in 9.6 (yes, all are 9.6).

But the sad bit is not letting go the other copies...well when you fight so hard to get em...

Other crimes ...

TTA #90 9.4 x3

TTA #59 9.4, & a 9.6