• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most CGC copies you own of one book.

105 posts in this topic

I have a couple of questions for the CGC collectors out there.

1.) Which one, single book do you own the most CGC copies of?

I own 5 copies of Amazing Spider-Man #300 (4 - 9.6's, and 1 - 8.5).

I also own 3 copies of X-Men #137 (1 - 9.8 and 2 - 9.2's), and 3 copies of Action Comics #252 (2 - 6.0's and 1 - 4.5).

2.) What is your least valuable CGC book? This means that if you sat on it and completely ruined the casing and the book, you could care less.

Star Wars # 1 (Reprint) CGC 8.5 - For some odd reason when I sent this book to be graded, I thought it would come back a 9.4 original. The casing is probably worth more than the book itself.

X-Men #162 CGC 5.5 - This book was damaged during shipping to CGC. It's the lowest graded copy for that book by far.

I would be willing to donate these 2 books for slab experimentation if someone pays $5 shipping for shipping. insane.gif

ASM 121: 9.2, 9.4, 9.4, 9.6......although I just sold the 9.2.

All I need is a 9.8, and a copy from each of the major pedigrees, and I'll be set. insane.gif

1. Three CGC copies of WHAT IF? # 105 (1st Spider-Girl! yay.gif)

9.6 W / 9.6 C-OW (?!?) / 9.4 white. Always in the market for more if any forum members have any. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

2. UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL '96 CGC 7.5 frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif This must have some *major* flaw to it, cause I sent it in thinking it would be a 9.8.

I have four CGC Captain Action #1s,ranging from8.5 to 9.4(?)

I also have 4 Wolverine 1,vol3 in 9.6 that I got off 'house for less than the slabbing fees.

Three Avengers#4 in 6.5,7.5 and 8.0.

Worst book is a Cap America tat I bought as a NM and came back 6.5. I'm bringing this to the National.Someone has some 'splaining to do.

If I ever get to it I'm going to send one of my sealed cases in for prescreening,and I hope I'll get back quitea few 9.4s and 9.6s.

I think Cal's supply of IM/Subby #1 wins this hands down...

27_laughing.gif

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread. I think he was up to 183 copies of that book.

He was WAY over that - in the 800s, if I remember correctly. But he was crazy.

I just sold the last of the 10 CGC copies of X-Men 266 I had.

5 9.8s

3 9.6s

2 9.2s

1 6.0

Least valuable? X-Men 224 in 9.2. Worth about a dollar.

I had 2 9.0s ,a 9.2 and a 9.4 of FF Annual 1. I had 3 9.6s and a 9.4 of Hulk annual 1. 2 9.2s , a 9.4 and 9.6 of TTA 67. 2 9.2s, a 9.4 and a 9.6 of TTa 91. Defenders 10 a 9.2, 2 9.4s and a 9.8. Many are on sale over in the Marketplace section just in case you wondered.

I had 2 9.0s ,a 9.2 and a 9.4 of FF Annual 1. I had 3 9.6s and a 9.4 of Hulk annual 1. 2 9.2s , a 9.4 and 9.6 of TTA 67. 2 9.2s, a 9.4 and a 9.6 of TTa 91. Defenders 10 a 9.2, 2 9.4s and a 9.8. Many are on sale over in the Marketplace section just in case you wondered.

------Sales Plug! 27_laughing.gif

I am amazed/impressed by the number of doubles that people keep. For the non-dealers here, what's the rationale for acquiring and then keeping so many copies of the same book? Is it speculation, obsession, or what? Don't you have an issue with keeping your capital tied up in the same book, rather than freeing up your funds to fill other holes in your collection?

I have very few doubles, and all are raw. I don't have the luxury of keeping doubles, because whenever I upgrade a book I need to sell the existing book to help replenish the war chest to fund future acquisitions.

I think Cal's supply of IM/Subby #1 wins this hands down...

27_laughing.gif

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread. I think he was up to 183 copies of that book.

He had about 600 copies left from over 800. I don't think he had very many slabbed though, which is what this thread is about.

Just an obsesion I guess, for me anyways.

I have 10 copies of X-Men 140, 6 are graded 9.4, and 4 are raw. I just love that Wendigo cover. screwy.gif