• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Constantine on NBC!!!!

98 posts in this topic

I looked at the ST37 last night. "Watched" one. It was sold this morning. I'm not in a rush to chase this one, but by all means... Indulge yourselves lol

I am in the same boat. I saw 2 that sold.

CGC 9.0 at $75 including shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swamp-Thing-37-CGC-9-0-0158027013-/111158902335?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19e1963e3f

and the 9.8 $304.94 counting shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swamp-Thing-1982-2nd-Series-37-CGC-9-8-0209991007-/310755651018?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485a7aedca

I think they were both fair buys and based on the lack of attention a week ago, I'm sure the sellers are happy too. Good deal for everybody and especially if you don't have one. 2c

This will be based on the 52 version correct?

God, let's hope not.

+1

The cover to issue 1 looks like Dr. Strange on casual Friday and the content is terrible. If it follows Hellblazer then I'm all in. NBC knows their ratings suck, so I wouldn't be surprised if they use some gritting/pushing the envelope content to bring in more viewers.

God, let's hope not.

From what I am reading that looks to be the plan and would honestly make more sense [not saying better by any means]

Hellblazer would be the way to go imo. I think it would be fun to watch and I certainly hope they push the envelope and make it edgy.

God, let's hope not.

+1

The cover to issue 1 looks like Dr. Strange on casual Friday and the content is terrible. If it follows Hellblazer then I'm all in. NBC knows their ratings suck, so I wouldn't be surprised if they use some gritting/pushing the envelope content to bring in more viewers.

:taptaptap:

That line was used already.

:baiting:

God, let's hope not.

+1

:taptaptap:

That line was used already.

:baiting:

lol I just can't throw away my good (that is debatable) material

I looked at the ST37 last night. "Watched" one. It was sold this morning. I'm not in a rush to chase this one, but by all means... Indulge yourselves lol

The issue with people speculating on this issue (no pun intended) is that it's already seen it's "hype-price" bump in the last year or two because of the "Justice League: Dark" movie rumors.

This is additional hype to the aforementioned hype.

The issue with people speculating on this issue (no pun intended) is that it's already seen it's "hype-price" bump in the last year or two because of the "Justice League: Dark" movie rumors.

About 5 months ago this book really started taking off. Where Ebay NMs (real or otherwise) were selling for $30-$40, there was a jump to $60-$75 and higher.

It is still one of those very cool Copper Age keys that has one of the great characters to come from this period that never gets old.

+1

Hellblazer is one of my all time favorite series. Looks like its time to slab my swamp thing 37. I bought moores entire run for $1 each a few years back, just to have them. Unfortunately, I dont think a network like NBC can do justice to a dark horror series like hellblazer, and am worried that its going to be "justice league dark" (or as I like to call it, "justice league lite") hellblazer is one of the most dark and cynical series ie read in comics, and would need an HBO type approach ifthe feel of the series were to be transferred to TV. Maybe if they made warren ellis executive producer, but for now, the news of a constantine tv series just makes me worry that they'll butcher the original material.