• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Constantine on NBC!!!!

98 posts in this topic

Pls explain to me.

A tv rumor for an independent gets people crazy.

A tv confirmation for an established character get people luke warm.

I don't understand this.

Is it because the book is ready beyond cover price?

Constantine was a great book and he is a fantastic character from the period I would describe as the golden age of Vertigo. The problem is that it was so good that this is about as cheap as you will find a CGC 9.8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swamp-Thing-37-CGC-9-8-NM-MINT-1st-Constatine-Hellblazer-Moore-DC-1985-Saga-/321154254407?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ac6490647

Is 9.8 always necessary?

Don't other grades experience price appreciation as well?

Yes, other grades will appreciate for sure. (Might not be worth slabbing, but they'll appreciate.)

I agree. I was just giving you an example. I think this book will appreciate regardless of a TV show or not. It's Alan Moore stuff on one of Vertigo's most popular characters who now leads a JLA team. My point was this has been a highly sought after book for years. You aren't going to find them in a bargain bin.

I see. So only when there is a chance to grab things at cover or less will there be interest.

No. Not in my opinion but this book sells for 50 times cover for a very fine copy. If you think it will hit bigger, you should buy it. I just think it already has a well established value. Of course I've seen Thanos first app blow up twice so I could be wrong. good luck either way.

Alan Moore's reaction will be infinitely more interesting/entertaining than the show (if this actually makes it on the air)

100% agree. I wonder how much better some of his other stuff like LOEG and the Watchmen would have been had he participated ? He has had a very large number of books made into movies. It's weird.