• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed - thanks to everyone who purchased!

25 posts in this topic

Hi all, I'm trying to raise a little capital for a book I'm eyeing plus the upcoming Dallas show. Any help would be appreciated!

:takeit: in the thread generally rules. PMed offers are welcomed, and will generally be trumped by public purchases in the thread, but I do reserve the right to decide ties as the final arbiter.

Some will be raw, some will be slabbed. If I know the history of any slabbed book (i.e. pressed or not) I will disclose it. If I suspect it has been pressed I will also disclose that, and you can take that for what you will.

If you have any questions or would like to see additional scans just let me know.

Shipping will be additional and at cost. International buyers are welcome assuming they will pay whatever trackable shipping costs to their location.

Raws are returnable if you are not satisfied once you get them. Return shipping is on you, but if I missed something material then I will refund the return shipping as well.

Paypal, checks, MOs accepted. If you are international it will be Paypal only.

If I missed anything just let me know!

X-Men #151-160, excepting #159 - asking $75 + shipping SOLD :news:

Nice group of 9 books, only the #159 is not included. #151-157 are nice NM-/NM copies, the #158 and #160 are VF. Total OSPG on this lot would be $108 in this condition.

X-Men151.jpg

X-Men152.jpg

X-Men158.jpg

Tales to Astonish #26 - VG - asking $75 + shipping

Very clean copy that I've owned for probably 20+ years, one of the earliest pre-hero books I bought. Only selling because I recently upgraded.

Fresh looking book with nice color and whites. Light spine wear. Most wear is on back cover, with some corner creasing and some light oxidation on the staples (which are located on back). Pages look white to me, just beautiful, but at worst they are OW-W. Back cover scanned in mylite, hence the reflection towards the bottom edge.

TTA26.jpg

TTA26bc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #33 CGC 5.0 CR-OW - asking $75 + shipping SOLD :news:

Nice copy that looks better than a 5.0, but it has very light creases in the lower right front cover. I originally paid $100 for this book when I bought it.

TTA33CGC50.jpg

TTA33CGC50bc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #33 CGC 7.0 OW (Nicholas Cage Copy) - asking $230 + shipping SOLD :news:

Nick Cage copy of TTA #33, nice book. There is a bit of staining around the staples on the back cover. I don't see any rust on the visible part of the staples. Nice copy of a tough book in grade. The asking price is my exact cost in acquiring it a year ago.

TTA33CGC70.jpg

TTA33CGC70bc.jpg

Strange Tales #95 - G/VG - asking $49 + shipping

Solid lower grade copy, cover and centerfold attached at both staples. Perfectly centered, no spine roll at all, book lays totally flat. The lower left front cover looks as though there may have been some encounter with moisture at some point due to the characteristic flaked appearance of the edge, but this is comparatively minor and there is no real staining inside the covers. Color and gloss are nice. PQ is probably Cream to Off-White, but pages are still quite supple. There is a small tear at the lower hole of the upper staple on the back cover, but structurally staple is still sound. Otherwise wear is basically very minor edge chips, a couple of short edge tears, and the visible spine wear. A great copy for someone on a budget or who doesn't mind well presenting lower grade books that look good in a mylar.

OSPG VG on this book is $42, but we all know the guide is out of whack on Marvel pre-hero. Even still, I'm in the zip code of guide price.

ST95.jpg

ST95bc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #33 CGC 7.0 OW (Nicholas Cage Copy) - asking $230 + shipping

Nick Cage copy of TTA #33, nice book. There is a bit of staining around the staples on the back cover. I don't see any rust on the visible part of the staples. Nice copy of a tough book in grade. The asking price is my exact cost in acquiring it a year ago.

TTA33CGC70.jpg

TTA33CGC70bc.jpg

:takeit:

If I can snag a Nic Cage book, might as well make it a pre-hero!

Tales of Suspense #23 - F-/F - asking $99 + shipping SOLD via PM :news:

Another nice looking and solid copy that was my keeper for many years until a recent upgrade. Light spine and edge wear, cover and centerfold well attached at both staples, which are clean and shiny. Some distributor ink that has affected the top left corner of the back cover and the pages, with some very minor ink inside the front cover in this area. No artwork is affected by this ink. There is a name/address stamp neatly applied to the bottom of the front page, again not affecting the art or story. The initials DBRX are written on the right edges of the pages, likely some original owner back in the day, and again this does not affect the story and barely affects the back and inside front covers. A very nice copy at this price point.

TOS23.jpg

TOS23bc.jpg

Tales to Astonish #33 CGC 7.0 OW (Nicholas Cage Copy) - asking $230 + shipping

TTA33CGC70.jpg

TTA33CGC70bc.jpg

:takeit:

If I can snag a Nic Cage book, might as well make it a pre-hero!

Thanks! ^^

Tales of Suspense #31 CGC 7.5 OW-W - asking $375 + shipping

Nice, perfectly centered copy of an alleged Dr. Doom prototype. Lighter spots on cover are not on the book, but where the inner well contacted the outer well during the scan. This book was pressed by Joeypost.

I paid a little over $300 for a 7.0 White a few years ago, which is why my price is where it is. Not an easy book in grade.

TOS31CGC.jpg

Tales of Suspense #32 - VG/VG+ - asking $199 + shipping

This is a very tough book, as anyone who collects these can tell you, and this copy has a lot of eye appeal for the technical grade. I've owned this for about 20 years as well, and was very happy with it until another recent upgrade (good fortune, and Dale Roberts, has smiled on me lately with pre-hero).

The chipping and pre-chipping are obvious issues, and are fairly common on this book. The cover is not brittle and flaky. There are tanning halos on the inside covers. There is light spine wear, but generally the main cover area and the black areas in particular are very clean. The centering is very good on this book as well (better than on my upgrade). There is a small spot of oxidation on the upper staple, the lower one is clean. There are a few short edge tears on the back cover as well. Cover and centerfold are both well attached at both staples.

TOS32sale.jpg

TOS32salebc.jpg

TOS32saleifc.jpg