• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Care to admit your worst "speculator" Blunder ?

154 posts in this topic

All the different Legends of the Dark Knight #1 (red, blue, pink, and yellow covers). makepoint.gif

Me too...except I bought 100 copies total foreheadslap.gifinsane.gif

893whatthe.gif

Me too. 100 copies at 40% off cover. They make great coasters.

Also, 25 copies of Omega Men #1. A series that started strong, then quickly nose-dived.

Luckily, Death In the Family more than made up for all my miss-steps. thumbsup2.gif

Should I bring up the 1000+ copies of Second Life of Dr. Mirage that Lighthouse had? Every time I would visit he made sure I went home with some. IIRC he even wallpapered his friend's bathroom with the poster inside them. He was using them to pack boxes at one time but they made crappy filler.

Of course he probably only paid $5 for all of those copies.

Ok, I KNOW that I'm not alone, but I am the not so proud owner of about 50 copies of McFarlane's SPIDERMAN #1. tonofbricks.gif

I wish some company like Mile High would start recycling every copy of Spider-Man #1 they get when buying large collections. If enough dealers started doing this, they might someday undo the damage Marvel did by overproducing and they could eventually be worth something again... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ok, I KNOW that I'm not alone, but I am the not so proud owner of about 50 copies of McFarlane's SPIDERMAN #1. tonofbricks.gif

I wish some company like Mile High would start recycling every copy of Spider-Man #1 they get when buying large collections. If enough dealers started doing this, they might someday undo the damage Marvel did by overproducing and they could eventually be worth something again... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes I wish NeatStuff and Mile High would so do this...

Might help increase the value of the two long boxes of Green and Silver covers that I have... sorry.gif

hey jason. didn't you sell me 25 of each of those books a little over a year ago? tongue.gif

attached this time is another one I bought a few copies of. But it has such a cool glow in the dark cover that I don't mind having them

614279-spectre1.jpg.4d0a82cb78668dc6ac598de4ed8de7fc.jpg

X-Force #1 100 issues bought pre ordered from greg buls. screwy.gif luckily i sold 50 of them right off the bat. hail.gif

I bought 5 copies of X-Force #1 foreheadslap.gif

Me too. Mine cost $50. foreheadslap.gif I still have them:

xforce1ltd.jpg

I've got about two shortboxes of the 1980s Marvel Secret Wars I and II I bought when I was a young teenager. WOW, I sure did have my finger squarely on the pulse of the market!!! blush.gif

At least you can still sell full runs of those for decent money. A full run of Secret Wars I goes for pretty decent cash, actually, especially if the #8 is in NM.

X-Force #1 100 issues bought pre ordered from greg buls. screwy.gif luckily i sold 50 of them right off the bat. hail.gif

I bought 5 copies of X-Force #1 foreheadslap.gif

Me too. Mine cost $50. foreheadslap.gif I still have them:

xforce1ltd.jpg

You know.. I always get X-Force and X-Factor confused. I bought 5 copies of X-Factor. I never got into Rob Leifeld.

I've got about two shortboxes of the 1980s Marvel Secret Wars I and II I bought when I was a young teenager. WOW, I sure did have my finger squarely on the pulse of the market!!! blush.gif

At least you can still sell full runs of those for decent money. A full run of Secret Wars I goes for pretty decent cash, actually, especially if the #8 is in NM.

BUT SWII are worth nada!

Actually haven't had much by way of "speculator". I guess my biggest blunder was leaving my HG BA books to be watersoaked in a relative's garage.

Oh - another blunder - I freaking PASSED on a collection back in the 80's. The year before Hulk #1 made a huge upswing. It had a HG Hulk 1, HG early FF's - no 1 but 2-10 and many more. The FFs were really deep and glossy, too. Nice assortment of other Marvel SA but I passed because the seller also insisted in including a lot of then-vanilla DCs (yes, horror too in really nice shape) and a ton of SA and BA Archies. I think he wanted about 2-3K for the lot. Man, that Hulk 1 would have bought it a few times over today.

Also - while not really speulator - the thought of selling my Action #1 still gives me gas! crazy.gif

Also - while not really speulator - the thought of selling my Action #1 still gives me gas! crazy.gif

893whatthe.gif

YOU DID WHAT ?!?

frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gif

I lost interest! I was on a precode horror kick. I got soap in my eyes! I had a flat tire! I swear to gawd it WASN'T MY FAUUULLLLTTTTT! arrgghhhhhhh.

893whatthe.gif

YOU DID WHAT ?!?

I lost interest! I was on a precode horror kick. I got soap in my eyes! I had a flat tire! I swear to gawd it WASN'T MY FAUUULLLLTTTTT! arrgghhhhhhh.

I had sand in my shoe, The sun was in my eyes, The ground was uneven, I hadn't had my Maypo(sp?), 893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

Bad POV! Bad ! Bad !

Don't you ever sell an Action # 1 again! hi.gif

893whatthe.gif

YOU DID WHAT ?!?

The dog eat my report, My

clock stoped, (I too LOVE The Blues Brothers Movie thumbsup2.gif)