• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Spider-Man Edition Take 2

81 posts in this topic

I have been talking to Crain about an opp but there are a few complications.

Right now, he is crazy busy. He isn't even planning on doing any shows in 2014.

He ran into a few issues doing commissions through his website in the past. Some guys are really anxious to get their books so they send lots of emails which adds to the time demand. And he gets tons of emails from nonboardies, people who see him from shows or Facebook.

So he has mainly gravitated to doing books at shows and occasional books for past customers.

Frankly, I am reluctant to facilitate an opp because I have seen the way some of the facilitators get vilified by guys whose expectations aren't met, even if those expectations aren't reasonable or the failure isn't on the facilitator. I have mad respect for guys like Dscott and Mike Jeter and others. I don't think I can do what they do.

Crain will be at Emerald City for a couple hours so maybe one of the pros can talk to Crain about trying to do an opp.

Count me among the group who's tried to message Crain without luck. I'm not surprised as I heard that he doesn't really reply to e-mails as they come in, but if you're contacting him about a commission he might get in touch when his list opens up. What makes him more elusive is that he doesn't attend many cons. I've been whispering his name into Dscott's ear for about a year now, I would know.

You should definitely think about facilitating something if there's a chance, though. Because you're the hero we deserve and also the one we need right now. lol

P.S. Who are these people vilifying facilitators? :sumo: I only ever hear good things said about Doug and Michael, they're like gods among men around here.

Count me among the group who's tried to message Crain without luck. I'm not surprised as I heard that he doesn't really reply to e-mails as they come in, but if you're contacting him about a commission he might get in touch when his list opens up. What makes him more elusive is that he doesn't attend many cons. I've been whispering his name into Dscott's ear for about a year now, I would know.

You should definitely think about facilitating something if there's a chance, though. Because you're the hero we deserve and also the one we need right now. lol

P.S. Who are these people vilifying facilitators? :sumo: I only ever hear good things said about Doug and Michael, they're like gods among men around here.

+1 I'd even go as far as to say, I'll wait however long it takes. I've got lots of patience and a list so I can keep track of all that patience.

Clayton was so busy back when he was working for Marvel that he would only do one commission a year outside of shows so when he told me he was going to not do shows in 2014 because he was so busy, my first thought was that the stream of commissions was going to dry up for a while.

I would be happy to help Doug or Mike talk to him at ECCC about the possibility of an opp.

Clayton was so busy back when he was working for Marvel that he would only do one commission a year outside of shows so when he told me he was going to not do shows in 2014 because he was so busy, my first thought was that the stream of commissions was going to dry up for a while.

I would be happy to help Doug or Mike talk to him at ECCC about the possibility of an opp.

I think that's a great idea if either are up for it. It could be presented to Clayton as the opp facilitator takes his headaches away, and as for Doug or Mike, they could just say "unrealistic expectations" when warranted, "here's your money back," as long as this is presented up front. For Clayton, there will always be another person in line.

The best opps are the ones where the artist has a known block of time that is open and can commit to finishing books in that window. The problem with a Crain opp right now is that he probably has no time.

I know that there will be some books picked up at ECCC. But, after that I don't know. He does love to paint. It relaxes him when he working on his digital stuff. So, there is that.

The best opps are the ones where the artist has a known block of time that is open and can commit to finishing books in that window. The problem with a Crain opp right now is that he probably has no time.

I know that there will be some books picked up at ECCC. But, after that I don't know. He does love to paint. It relaxes him when he working on his digital stuff. So, there is that.

I am a huge advocate of mental health and would be happy to contribute to some paint time. (shrug)

I have seen a lot of the he hasn't emailed me backs on here and can say it takes a lot of time. I emailed him in May of last year once and only once and got my reply two weeks ago from him on going to ECCC and while he cannot do a commission for me then would like to revisit it in April. For those counting that's correct 11 months. Now I just need something crazy good to request.

Anyways be patient. But if there is an opp I'm all for it.

I have seen a lot of the he hasn't emailed me backs on here and can say it takes a lot of time. I emailed him in May of last year once and only once and got my reply two weeks ago from him on going to ECCC and while he cannot do a commission for me then would like to revisit it in April. For those counting that's correct 11 months. Now I just need something crazy good to request.

Anyways be patient. But if there is an opp I'm all for it.

This makes me feel better about not receiving a response for my email to him. As for an opp I think most would jump at that, myself included. I imagine it wouldn't have too many spots as he seems to keep himself busy and people would go crazy trying to get in on it. :slapfight:

Another Battle of the Best…

The Challenger…

Owner PhantomEwan

Artist Edgar Tadeo

EdgarTadeoSpidy_zpscc2496f0.jpg

VS

The Champ…

Owner: Worldsbestcomics

Artist: Clayton Crain

crainspidey122_zps48e68138.jpg

The Winner earns the Title of:

Best of the Best Spider-Man

:golfclap: Congrats WBC for the title defense. That Crain will be hard to beat.

Thank you.

Edgar Tadeo is putting out some absolutely amazing stuff but I love that Crain. I think this is the second or third challenge where a painted Tadeo went up against a painted Crain.