• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Verified...

10 posts in this topic

hmm

Business day 33, books secretly moved from received to verified. Annotations added to the submission grid in the pedigree column; and a double-cover noted.

A detailed check that the title, publisher, and issue number match the submission information has occurred - but two books that were clearly submitted with dates taken from the indica have been marked ND, and a book that I found no month of issue on has had a month added to the year.

Fascinating.

Soon(ish) I may have the books I intended for my friend's birthday in hand and I will be able to wrap them up - although that is my own fault.

Now I am excited for the grades (and for the three go-go checks that are in the mix...)

Happy Hunting

Lee

14361.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Business day 33, books secretly moved from received to verified. Annotations added to the submission grid in the pedigree column; and a double-cover noted. A detailed check that the title, publisher, and issue number match the submission information has occurred - but two books that were clearly submitted with dates taken from the indica have been marked ND, and a book that I found no month of issue on has had a month added to the year. Fascinating.

A similar thing happened to an invoice of moderns I have in now. I researched and filled in all the dates, but the "Scheduled for Grading" and "Graded" status submission grids showed them as ND. I was a little irritated, but now my invoice is marked "Grading/Quality Control" and all the proper dates are back.

I think the ones I saw switch to ND and back are the first of those particular issues to be graded, so I wonder if the submission grid fills from some database that just didn't have the info yet? Is this the case with yours?

I just had a modern order go to verified last night. It was received on 03 SEP. So business day 22. Not bad at all. Hoping I'll get these back soon as 1 of the 5 in this order will be a xmas present for a friend. I don't have anything cool in this order like the first of anything to be graded, though.

You do look pretty awesome amongst those trees.