• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accepting submissions & Sketch covers for So Cal Comic Con (John Kricfalusi, etc

21 posts in this topic

We are accepting submissions for the upcoming So Cal Comic Con in Oceanside on Sunday, October 20th.

SPECIAL SKETCH COVER OFFER: For those of you that cannot attend the show, we are extending a special offer regarding blank sketch covers and a number of our guests. We are charging a special CGC grading cost of $23 per blank sketch cover, plus the $5 invoice fee and return shipping cost, if you buy a sketch from one of our attending artists at their rate. In addition, we will provide blank covers at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE as long as you understand that we cannot guarantee a specific grade. We will try to make sure the blanks we can provide are of 9.6/9.8 quality. You can mail Joel your blank sketch covers as well, and prepping those books is always encouraged.

Blanks we can provide at the moment:

Amazing Spider-Man #648 (9.4/9.6 quality)

Avengers #1 2nd print (9.6/9.8 quality)

Avengers #7 (9.6/9.8 quality)

Batman: Black and White #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

East of West #4 (9.6/9.8 quality)

Infinity #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

Walking Dead #109 (9.4/9.6 quality)

Walking Dead #115 (9.6/9.8 quality)

Wolverine and the X-Men #1 (only 1; 9.6/9.8 quality)

X-Men #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

MORE BLANKS DISCOVERED:

Avenging Spider-Man #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

Captain America #1 (newer one; 9.6/9.8 quality)

Daredevil #1 (9.4/9.6 quality)

Fallen Son: Captain America (no guarantee of grade)

Fear Itself (9.6/9.8 blank)

FF #1 (9.4/9.6 quality)

Incredible Hulk #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

New Avengers #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

X-Men Giant Size #1 (9.6/9.8 quality)

X-Men #7 (9.6/9.8 quality)

SPECIAL: For any sketch $60 or above, I have some Image United #1 blanks!

For those of you who attend the show and get sketches from these artists, we will bill you the same amount. We will be posting sketch rates of various artists in the next few days, and a few of their rates are already below. We will update this thread as more information is provided.

Guests attending the So Cal Comic Con include:

Clayton Crain

John Kricfalusi (creator of Ren and Stimpy)

Eric Basaldua

Joe Benitez

Tony Fleecs

Richard Friend

Joel Gomez

Chris Moreno

Marat Mychaels

Rafael Navarro

Tone Rodriguez

SKETCH COVER OFFER FOR:

Clayton Crain (NOT TAKING SKETCH REQUESTS AT THIS TIME)

John Kricfalusi ($30 for 1st character, $20 for each additional character)

Eric Basaldua (not taking commissions)

Joe Benitez (Any other blank: $40 head sketch, $100 bust, $160 torso sketch)

Joe Benitez (Lady Mechanika Blank: $100 head sketch, $200 bust, $300 torso)

Tony Fleecs ($30 for B&W head sketch, $40 for color head sketch, $75 for full w/color)

Joel Gomez ($40 for bust sketch, $80 for full figure, $120 for wraparound full figure)

Chris Moreno (TBD)

Marat Mychaels ($40 for bust sketch, $120 for full figure, add $20 for gray tones)

Rafael Navarro ($40 for bust or more)

Tone Rodriguez ($35 for bust or head sketch)

COSTS: For Modern comic books to be signed, I am charging $35 per Modern book to get the book signed and CGC graded. In addition, you will pay the $5 CGC invoice fee and return shipping depending on the shipping method you prefer and your return address.

DEADLINE: We need any books in hand by Friday, October 18th. Please mail the books to:

Joel Elad

5694 Mission Center Rd, #602-444

San Diego, CA 92108

PAYMENT: We accept PayPal (jolelad@yahoo.com) or you can send a check or money order with the books. For those of you only getting sketch covers that we are providing, we are asking a 3% surcharge to cover PayPal fees.

We are hoping you guys take advantage of our sketch cover offer and get some sweet books done. If anyone is wondering why we are doing this, the answer is simple: We want to ensure the artists make some good money for attending our show, and it's always fun to see what sketch covers get created. :) We'll update this thread with the blank covers available.

Any questions, feel free to PM Joel. Thanks!

Joel & Rey

So Cal Comic Con

Here's some examples of Tony Fleecs' sketch work:

a) 1 character color head sketch for $40.

c7efa23a-9fd8-4b29-b453-310368ed4f65_zpsacc3c316.jpg

b) 2 character B&W head sketch for $50

fleecs2head_zps239d5024.jpg

c) 2 character color full figure sketch for $130

fleecs2figures_zps5d9633cf.jpg

d) Full figure color 11x17 commission for $150

bddbd98d-afc6-4bb2-988a-18228cb3bc2d_zpsfee7e42b.jpg

Yeah, examples are still coming.

I've found some more blanks. I found a few Deadpool 50/Deadpool 1 blanks that I'm reserving for anyone wanting a Marat Deadpool sketch.

I've found some Fallen Son Cap blanks, but no guarantee on grades. I've also found a few Image United blanks, those I'd like to save for any $60+ sketch, but if you really want one for a head or bust sketch, ask me closer to the show.

Rafael Navarro's sketch rates start at $40, here are some examples he did on paper:

navarrothor_zpsbec15936.jpg

navarrogrannie_zpscc9c6fdb.jpg

I would take $40 deposit if you wanted a Navarro sketch, and if he wanted more, I'd notify you and bill you the difference. Odds are, $40 will cover most sketch cover requests.

UPDATE

Since the show is coming up in 4 days, we have made the decision NOT to offer any Clayton Crain sketch requests to non-attendees. We apologize for the inconvenience, there were a number of factors that led us to make this decision. With the time he has available, we want convention attendees to have the best options for getting a sketch from Mr. Crain. Those of you that PM'ed me should have gotten an answer by now.

Those of you attending the show: We will be announcing the guidelines for requesting a sketch from Mr. Crain sometime before the show opens on Sunday morning.

We are still taking requests for most of our other attendees, and we appreciate all the takers so far. Looking forward to meeting some of you on Sunday!

FYI for all of you coming out - Clayton will decide on commissions on a first come, first serve basis in the morning. He'll decide what he can do at the show and what will have to be mailed after the show.

I'll check in tonight as well if anyone wants sketches from anyone else besides Crain or eBas. Otherwise, we'll see you at the show tomorrow!

Joel