• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 500th Journal

13 posts in this topic

Or Thank You CGC

The journal after this one will be long. It will also be a bit negative AGAINST CGC. This will have to wait until my next journal. This journal however being a milestone should be to thank the people at CGC themselves. The first person that I really dealt with at CGC was Gemma. This person helped me so much in the beginning by making sure I had a voice on the chat boards. I can't thank her enough for that.

Mike is another one that has always been around the CGC both coordinating and making sure books are properly taken care of for the signature series at what now seems like numerous conventions I have had the pleasure to attend. He took this over from Joe and is handling this stressful job (at times) with flying colors. At these events there are times I have to be patient since everyone is garnering for his attention, but by the end of the convention he has everything done for you, even fixing a qualified green label to yellow by an overlooked situation.

Brie is another one that I see at the shows. She is also another one that is polite and easy to talk to. And if I misspelled her name...I blame my editor Bagofleas for making the correction. If its correct, I take all the credit. Molly (pants) who might kill me for referring to her as such is also a great companion and witness, when needed. Her smile seems infectious. One time I had the luxury to sit with two graders a day before a convention speaking to them at length about the "secret sauce", and then there is Matt Nelson.

All in all, EVERYONE I have dealt with at CGC has been at one time or another a great help. This company I first admonished helped me not only fallback in love with collecting at a time that was really rough for me, but they gave me an avenue to express myself and after 500 journals I must say as publicly as I can...

THANK YOU CGC

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14372.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Congratulations on accomplishing such a milestone! If only there were some way for this journal to come ploybagged with a Tnerb or bagofleas trading card to enhance its collectability...

DCanniLOGO.jpg

Although we haven't seen your next journal yet, I applaud you for being able to respect the positives of CGC as well as acknowledging the negatives.

**logo from the mid-80s DC covers, borrowed from StL Comics

I too send out thanks to all of the aforementioned CGC employees!!

They do an excellent job with an often very stressful occupation. They are helpful, fair and willing to go the extra mile for you if necessary.

If you find yourself at any of the shows they do, please be patient and understanding with them. Their workload at these shows has increased ten fold over the last eight months or so.

Don't get pissy or mad when they don't seem to be paying attention or seem like they have other things more important. They are doing the best job than can under the severe circumstances that make up these shows now.

If you treat them with patience and a good attitude, they are immensely grateful. Remember, you're not the only person getting something signed at the show. They do the greatest juggling act I've ever seen at these cons!!

Mike in particular will do everything he can for you. But being pissy with him will get you absolutely nowhere. He has told me some stories about customers attitudes that quite frankly shocked me. I just had to shake my head at how people can be so rude to someone who is perfectly willing to help you with whatever you need.

So be nice to these guys, they hold the future of your lovely little SS comics in their hands.

And I can't think of a better group of guys to trust them with!

Congratulations on accomplishing such a milestone! If only there were some way for this journal to come ploybagged with a Tnerb or bagofleas trading card to enhance its collectability...

DCanniLOGO.jpg

Although we haven't seen your next journal yet, I applaud you for being able to respect the positives of CGC as well as acknowledging the negatives.

**logo from the mid-80s DC covers, borrowed from StL Comics

Thank you, I appreciate it, especially the time to post that old DC Anniversary Logo. Even though I never collected them I remember passing them on the racks. Be careful when you get the BagoFleas trading card, it's covered in itching powder.

And I can't think of a better group of guys to trust them with!

hmmm, How many books did you send me? lol. Less than a week my lil' brother. I plan on getting yours done first, then I won't worry as much.

Wow! 500 journals!

I am not even close to 100... you are leaving all of us in the dust.

And I will be honest and admit, even after 500 journals, seldom are your topics stale or uninteresting... there's always a fresh vibe with you and "heart on your sleeve" approach. Very cool! You're always going to have an avid and loyal readership, myself included.

I think it is very appropriate and fitting that you dedicate this 500th journal to the fine people at CGC. Like you, I've found them to be supportive and very helpful in an oft times chaotic hobby.

Looking forward to seeing you at NYComicCon.

Congrats!

SW3D

Well, of course you are the most trustworthy person to handle my books. lol

In fact, there a number of guys here on the registry who are helpful in this regard and treat your books as if they are their own.

Ronnylama and Surfer99 are among them. Pretty much everyone here is a wonderful person.

I have a little over 100 journals and counting but you were doing these long before and more often than myself. I will reach 500 someday, but I will always enjoy reading your thoughts on this wonderfully nostalgic hobby of ours, as well as on whatever subject comes to your mind.

:)

500 journals, Tnerb, that is amazing! I, like many other here have always enjoyed your journals and will always look forward to the next one.

I will say that it was your journals that inspired me to write my own, I'm almost to 50. I also share SW3D's sentiments about your journals always remaining fresh and interesting.

I think I saw one time where someone referred to you as the Godfather of the journals, I agree!

Brandon