• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I cry to you guys for a second?

47 posts in this topic

I much prefer Breyfogle's work to anything Aparo ever did. I consider Breyfogle to be the best artist that Batman had in the 80s outside of Miller on TDKR or Mazzuchelli on Year One.

What I've seen of Breyfogle's work I really like. His use of blacks to create drama is excellent.

You're not going to say "Death in the Family", are you?

'Tis well documented that "Death in the Family" is Dave's favorite story. smile.gif

I've heard a lot of wild stuff on the Boards, but for a Batman fan to claim "Death in the Family" as his favorite story is simply inexplicable.

oh let's not dump on death in the family too bad... when I was a kid, that was one of favorite stories as well. In fact, that's what makes me remember it so fondly was reading that trade over and over and over again.

I'm actually a fan of it myself -- I don't know that I'd call it my favorite batman story of all time, but I'd probably call it one of my favorite I remember reading right when it came out.

oh let's not dump on death in the family too bad... when I was a kid, that was one of favorite stories as well. In fact, that's what makes me remember it so fondly was reading that trade over and over and over again.

I'm actually a fan of it myself -- I don't know that I'd call it my favorite batman story of all time, but I'd probably call it one of my favorite I remember reading right when it came out.

That's why Dam likes it he read it as a kid and has fond memories of the late 80's.

yeah, i know, he's told me the story a ton of times -- in fact I gave him a little swipe sketch I did from a Lee Weeks drawing that appeared in LOTDK 100 -- showing a scene from that storyline.

all his talk about the storyline convinced me to go back and reread it, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's childhood parade, but I would consider that story of the low points of Batman's history. Aparo's artwork had become so static and cookie-cutter that I couldn't stand it anymore.

Hey, if anyone wants a big run of Aparo Batmans and a Death in the Family trade paperback, let me know. I'm cleaning out....

Dave, I just actually took a look at the auction and I gotta tell you....I was not impressed. You can put your funds to much better use. Even from the tiny scan, there looks like a ton of whiteout all over it. Nyyeeekkkk!

Go get a handful of Buzz and Breyfogles.............! Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make!

Reddly

That's true smile.gif Plus, I have some other top secret stuff in the works that I want to keep my powder dry for . . . . .

Thanks Red,

DAM

yeah, i know, he's told me the story a ton of times -- in fact I gave him a little swipe sketch I did from a Lee Weeks drawing that appeared in LOTDK 100 -- showing a scene from that storyline.

all his talk about the storyline convinced me to go back and reread it, and I enjoyed every minute of it

I likey!!!!

ketterer.jpg

Group hug everyone.

I know how disappointed you are.Even though you are better off in the long run(there is always something nicer down the road),having your sights set on a particular item and wanting it sooooo bad and then at the last moment it goes south.....GGRRRRRR THAT SUCKS! 893censored-thumb.gif

If you do score some artwork down the line I hope you post it as I am a huge Bats fan.