• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I cry to you guys for a second?

47 posts in this topic

Why would you be crying? You think FMV is $1500, and somebody paid 3X that? Don't worry about it and move on!

You can move on when it's a comic book... but when you collect art it's much harder to lose out. You may never get a chance to buy it again. It's one of a kind.

My condolences, DAM.

P.S. - I know that the complete artwork for Batman #426-429 (sans 2 covers) sold at Sothebys for $4400 back in the 90's. Does anybody know who owns them? (Batman #428 cover is definately a grail piece for me)

I sold the cover to Detective #475 (the laughing fish) three years ago for 25K. The current owner wouldn't let it go for anything short of 40K, I'm sure of that.

Key Adams Batman covers would easily bring 25K+. And his X-Men covers would be even more.

Just read of your ..loss.

frown.gif

All you can do now is look towards what you "might " get.

But thats what makes you a great collector Dam..

You have passion... and without that.. all your stuff is just ink on paper..

But to you bravo 893applaud-thumb.gif.., everything you own has an intrinsic value..

And for that I say..

yay.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

So better luck next time, and lets hope your next snipe wins for you. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Ze-

P.S.

I guess we need to invite Demented to da boards to share his loot.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This might seem strange, but I actually like the Death in the Family story a whole lot more now than I did when I was a kid. I remember buying the book at my LCS, and my sleazy LCS owner kept yakking about how he was going to call the 900 number repeatedly to kill Robin so that he could make a mint on the books. Ruined the whole thing for me, really. I thought the concept of a 900 number "choose your own adventure" comic was major dumbness....like a director being forced to cut his film after a studio pre-screens it to a test audience full of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

But now, I can read the TPB and block out those ugly facts about the story, and it actually reads ok. I'm just grateful that the whole 900 number thing didn't catch on like wildfire, though I'm surprised it didn't.