• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello X-Men people

5 posts in this topic

I was looking through my X-Men collection and I realized that there's a gap between annuals #21 and #24. Did they make some sort of format change? I haven't been able to locate any annuals for sale with either the numbers #22 or #23, or in the 1998 or 1999 format.

*that's what I get for lapsing on my collecting for a few years*

Could be a format change. I checked Overstreet on this and the last numbered Annual they mention is 17. If what I suspect is true:

Annual 18 - is 1995

Anuual 19 - is 1996

Annual 20 - is 1997

Annual 21 - is 1998

Annual 22 - is 1999

Annual 23 - is 2000

Annual 24 - is 2001

Annual 25 - is 2002

Annual 18 is numbered, though that doesn't make sense as far as what's listed in overstreet, so maybe the 2 missing annuals only have the year printed on the cover. Anybody out there have these? I don't. Mine stop at 18.

Weird;

I have the Uncanny X-men annuals up to #18 (which I believe is '94 not '95), and then I have

- All new X-men Special Event ''95 (no mention of the word 'annual')

- All new X-men Special Event ''96 (no mention of the word 'annual')

- Annual '97

- Giant Sized Spectacular Annual (no mention of '98 on the cover)

- NOTHING for 1999

- Annual 2000

- Annual 2001

And then my collection stops, so no idea if there is an Annual 2002, but I don't believe there is one.

Seems like Marvel experimented somewhat with the format and naming during the 1990's...