• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too early for their own thread Previews...

219 posts in this topic

The premise of a superhero being able to shrink and grow body limbs sounds silly (and the picture of the character holding up a large oversized fist looks cartoony), but we'll have to see how it is done. I thought we already had Muslim superheroes, so I'm not 100% sure why there is all this coverage in the press, but Marvel is good at marketing their comics (death of so and so, return of so and so, etc.) so I am not too surprised. The most interesting parts of the comic to me are the character's relationship with her parents and brother brought about because of the Muslim background. That part sounds interesting at least.

I think the largest gamble here is using the Ms. Marvel name. I feel the continued recycling of the same superhero names waters down the specialness of the characters. DC does this quite a bit too.

I predict a 'meh' ala the Spider-Girl we had a few years ago.

The premise of a superhero being able to shrink and grow body limbs sounds silly (and the picture of the character holding up a large oversized fist looks cartoony), but we'll have to see how it is done. I thought we already had Muslim superheroes, so I'm not 100% sure why there is all this coverage in the press, but Marvel is good at marketing their comics (death of so and so, return of so and so, etc.) so I am not too surprised. The most interesting parts of the comic to me are the character's relationship with her parents and brother brought about because of the Muslim background. That part sounds interesting at least.

I think the largest gamble here is using the Ms. Marvel name. I feel the continued recycling of the same superhero names waters down the specialness of the characters. DC does this quite a bit too.

I predict a 'meh' ala the Spider-Girl we had a few years ago.

This morning there were a lot of these on ebay when I first read the article and now I can't find any of them. I looked for them at Midtown and can't find it there either. I keep thinking maybe I typed something in wrong ?

fox...

That fiona staples cover is gonna be pretty rare...

is it just me or was it an unlimited series then after it sold out and had a bump on the aftermarket it went to mini?

how does that work...this is more popular then we could have though, so let's limit it?

The Wraith by the Locke and Key team is pretty bloody and not sure where it is going. I did like the variant so picked up a few.

It's just by Joe Hill (and CP Wilson III), not the L&K team. It's a prequel to Joe's NOS4R2 novel.