• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too early for their own thread Previews...

219 posts in this topic

Someone here was mentioning that we have board favorites and I believe that is true so I was curious what other boards were talking about in reference to their favorites. I went to the CBR board and read a little. It is obvious that people who post there love DC and Marvel comics way more than the indies. They did have a section on Image comics which had a question in reference to people's top 3 Image books with around 90 to 100 people participating. I added their picks up to see what was currently most popular there. The results,

Saga - 42 top 3 mentions

East of West - 34

Lazarus - 28

Walking Dead - 21

Chew - 18

Fatale - 14

Revival - 13

Morning Glories -10

Rat Queens - 9

Sex Criminals, Prophet, Invincible, Savage Dragon, and Pretty Deadly were listed 7x each

Velvet 6

Manhattan Projects 5

Nowhere Men, Elephantmen, Cyber Force, Todd, Five Ghosts, Aphrodite IX, Sheltered, Gosted, Rocket Girl, Mind the Gap, Umbral, Black Science, Zero, Bedlam, Think Tank, Thief of Thieves, Clone, Sex, Witchblade, and Spawn all received 4 or less mentions. I know it's not scientific but it is interesting and I think the results would be slightly different here. Thoughts ?

hm Interesting info there. I'm surprised MP only has 5 picks. With a consistent following I thought it would be higher up the chain.

On a side note, are there any titles out there that anyone is anticipating (reading wise) in the coming months? My pull list is getting small and I seem to have only two titles that are future releases.

hm Interesting info there. I'm surprised MP only has 5 picks. With a consistent following I thought it would be higher up the chain.

On a side note, are there any titles out there that anyone is anticipating (reading wise) in the coming months? My pull list is getting small and I seem to have only two titles that are future releases.

I haven't seen anything. This time last year, I was looking forward to Star Wars, Superior Spider-man, and many others. Hopefully you guys come up with something although my pull list is large. lol

New stuff I ordered in previews that I hope is worth reading.

ANNE BONNIE #1 ( looks and sounds cool by Black Mask )

NECROMANTICAL #1 ( looks sci fi/horror weird by Aarden )

RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS #1 ( written by one of the best drummers/songwriters in the world imo)

STARLIGHT #1 ( I know, I'll regret it but I only ordered 1 each cover) lol

WITCHER #1 ( my 19 yo son told me I should so...)

SILVER SURFER #1 ( I always love the SS but the art ? jurys out )

DAREDEVIL #1 ( has been mostly good since...forever ) lol

MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #1 ( I've missed this book )

IRON PATRIOT #1 ( what a combo ) (thumbs u

Try not to forget AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #5 PEPOY VAR CVR

Everything else is the sos.

New stuff I ordered in previews that I hope is worth reading.

ANNE BONNIE #1 ( looks and sounds cool by Black Mask )

NECROMANTICAL #1 ( looks sci fi/horror weird by Aarden )

RUSH CLOCKWORK ANGELS #1 ( written by one of the best drummers/songwriters in the world imo)

STARLIGHT #1 ( I know, I'll regret it but I only ordered 1 each cover) lol

WITCHER #1 ( my 19 yo son told me I should so...)

SILVER SURFER #1 ( I always love the SS but the art ? jurys out )

DAREDEVIL #1 ( has been mostly good since...forever ) lol

MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #1 ( I've missed this book )

IRON PATRIOT #1 ( what a combo ) (thumbs u

Try not to forget AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE #5 PEPOY VAR CVR

Everything else is the sos.

hm need to check some of those out.

DAREDEVIL #1 ( has been mostly good since...forever ) lol.

Ya got that right!!!!

Seriously, best monthly Marvel book month after month for like the last 15 years or so. Possibly even longer.

Maybe I should change this to too late for their own thread lol

I can't believe DC is canceling Superman Unchained. I thought a lot of people were buying this and I really like like it. I don't know why but it reminds me of old Peter David Hulk stories and I will miss it. Other stuff is being cancelled too.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/21/nightwing-cancelled/