• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15-good price?

16 posts in this topic

What would be a fair price for a collector to collector sale for a purple label CGC 3.0?

Is $1,000 fair on both ends?

I can't really see it selling for much more,but am uncertain of the bottom end of the market?

Resto is a sealed tear and small amounts of color touch.

What would be a fair price for a collector to collector sale for a purple label CGC 3.0?

Is $1,000 fair on both ends?

I can't really see it selling for much more,but am uncertain of the bottom end of the market?

Resto is a sealed tear and small amounts of color touch.

If the other collector feels it's fair, then it's fair! Maybe work a trade for $1,000.00 worth of books you need, buyer might really like that prospect. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pretty sure its an A

I sold the book to him several years ago for $500.

I'd had it for awhile and neither of us knew about it being restored. I'm looking to do the right thing here,offered him a full refund plus the slabbing costs.He wants a grand. I'm not sure I'll be able to get that back very easily.I sold it as a VG- and it came back as a 3.0.

Anyone help out with the GPA for it?

We're fairly good friends and a few hundred bucks won't really change that. If the average GPA is above $1,000,thats what I'll give him.Its just real bad timing,as I'm leaving for vacation soon.

pages are off white to white,if that matters

Pretty sure its an A

I'd had it for awhile and neither of us knew about it being restored. I'm looking to do the right thing here,offered him a full refund plus the slabbing costs.He wants a grand. I'm not sure I'll be able to get that back very easily.I sold it as a VG- and it came back as a 3.0.

We're fairly good friends and a few hundred bucks won't really change that. If the average GPA is above $1,000,thats what I'll give him.Its just real bad timing,as I'm leaving for vacation soon.

I'd say a fair exchange would be the $500.00 plus cost of grading and shipping both ways. He's got all his money back & he's not out anything. Asking $1,000.00 from you is pushing the issue a little IMHO. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I guess I'm missing somethinhg here: Is he wanting a refund on the book or is he just wanting to sell the book? Sounded like he was looking for a refund to me.

If he's looking to sell the book, use the GPA and offer what you are willing to pay based on this.

If it's a refund, offer the $500.00 plus grading & two-way shipping. You are trying to make good on a deal which you both thought was an unrestored book. I don't see why you should have to cover the Market increase as well. If he's really a friend he'll understand your point. Just MHO.

I think this one sell much higher than that. I recall FFB had a low-grade restored issue up a few months ago and he was asking over $2,000 for it if I recall correctly.

confused-smiley-013.gif

It was a 4.0 Extensive (P) and I got something like $1,725 for it.

Pretty sure its an A

I'd say a fair exchange would be the $500.00 plus cost of grading and shipping both ways. He's got all his money back & he's not out anything. Asking $1,000.00 from you is pushing the issue a little IMHO. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Leaving aside whatever history may be there and also leaving aside whether or not you need the money, $1,000 for that book would be a potentially very good deal for you, Shad. Two copies in extensive (P) 3.0 sold for $1,600 and $1,525 in May of this year.

But that was at the height of the movie hysteria,wasn't it?

OS is 1300 and 2600 for 2.0 and 4.0. A 3.0 should guide around 1900 to 2,000. I don't understand the restored market at all right now.You can almost buy a (P) HG copy,remove the restoration and end up with a book worth what people are paying for restored low grade copys.

I think $1,000 is a fair price for a restored book,its about half of guide.Think I'm going to change my offer to $500 cash and half whatever I can sell it for.Or just let him sell it. If he can get a 200% profit over a few years,he'd best be happy.

But that was at the height of the movie hysteria,wasn't it?

OS is 1300 and 2600 for 2.0 and 4.0. A 3.0 should guide around 1900 to 2,000. I don't understand the restored market at all right now.You can almost buy a (P) HG copy,remove the restoration and end up with a book worth what people are paying for restored low grade copys.

I think $1,000 is a fair price for a restored book,its about half of guide.Think I'm going to change my offer to $500 cash and half whatever I can sell it for.Or just let him sell it. If he can get a 200% profit over a few years,he'd best be happy.

I don't buy the movie hysteria on a book like that. Not in restored G/VG, sorry. Besides, I didn't really notice much movie hysteria around Spideys this time. Not like in 2002.

Anyway, what you're proposing seems fair.

Pretty sure its an A

Whoa...

You don't owe him more than the $500 (plus grading fee maybe) he paid for it.

It will sell on eBay for up to $1500.

Tell him to sell it himself for $1500 and he should be happy.

Think I'm going to change my offer to $500 cash and half whatever I can sell it for.Or just let him sell it. If he can get a 200% profit over a few years,he'd best be happy.

That sounds like a good idea to me! thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Think I'm going to change my offer to $500 cash and half whatever I can sell it for.Or just let him sell it. If he can get a 200% profit over a few years,he'd best be happy.

That sounds like a good idea to me! thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

ditto - if he's not happy and "demanding" you take it back, your solution of offering him half of whatever you get over the original selling price seems very reasonable.

not even sure why he wants to handle that way. he may be able to make more selling it himself .......... confused.gif

Just imagine how you would feel if the crown jewel of your collction was to come back restored.I can understand him being a bit ticked.His initial reaction was that I cheated him and cost him a lot of money.After he calmed down,we decided to work out a fair solution.

Just imagine how you would feel if the crown jewel of your collction was to come back restored.I can understand him being a bit ticked.His initial reaction was that I cheated him and cost him a lot of money.After he calmed down,we decided to work out a fair solution.

Shad, You didn't cheat anyone. You're still here and willing to stand by your book -- Very responsible, if you ask me. It doesn't sound like you cost him much of anything. I go along with the suggestions of our colleagues. Good luck - sounds like a win-win to me.

thumbsup2.gif