• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm all ready for the NYCC?

5 posts in this topic

Or, Wow, this really adds up

I have thirty comic books all bagged and boarded. Three invoices worth of books for CGC and CCS. Twenty eight of the books are raw and I feel that I have the best chance of attaining the grade I want with a press. Without I feel that the books will range between a 9.4 and a 9.6. The funny thing is the last time I felt this way; the books were graded between a 9.6 and a 9.8. I want closer to a guarantee of getting those grades again.

There is one book however that I feel very strongly shouldn't have been a 9.8, my annual number one of the new mutants. After deciding to upgrade my universal grades to signature series I started to buy doubles because I feared that they wouldn't return with the same grade. When the New Mutants annual #1 was released it was the first annual I ever picked up. The combination of artwork between Bob McLeod and Bill Sienkiewicz with the story that Chris Claremont weaved was mesmerizing. I couldn't get enough of it. Surprising my original issue was graded a 9.4.

I always said I would never break the slab on this particular annual unless I could get all three signatures on it. I never thought that would happen, but this weekend the chance is happening. I cracked my 9.4 first to make sure I had the proper bags to hold the book without damaging it. After securing my 9.4 I cracked the 9.8. Unfortunately the 9.8 is ripe with manufacturing defects, or are they defects? It will be awhile before I find out, but at least when I do find out so will Bagofleas, because he agreed with me, it's worth the risk for all three signatures, now maybe I should chance it and crack the uncrackable.

Thanks for Reading

Lee

14407.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

I see you are stepping it up with 30 comics to get signed at NYCC! Thank you again, Big Brother for doing my ten issues at what is probably the busiest con in America! Four days of long lines and patient waiting at the CGC booth should pay off for both of us! Tell Mike and Darren I said hello if you get the chance.

I definitely think it's worth the risk on our NM Annual #1s for all three creator's sigs! Everybody send out your prayers that they come back to us the way they left, except with all of those lovely signatures on their beautiful, dark covers!

I think it's definitely worth the risk to get the three main creators' signatures. The effort summarized by the little "SIGNED BY..." line really adds to the appeal of yellow labels.

Here's hoping all your books come back with highest grades :wishluck:

That sounds amazing. Good luck with your haul as well as Fleas Set. I'm trying to build up my Liefeld Set right now with his entire run signed by him for my Pr-cursor X-Force Set within New Mutants and hopefully by July next year can have the entire run signed by him. Good luck and have fun.

K