• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can You Spot The Flaw?????

42 posts in this topic

Unless this is the printing error variant, where the background of the book is black, and the red foil outlines the graphic, I don't know what else to guess. I think this is the regular foil cover though

You are correct, this is a regular foil cover and not the Black Cover Error Print.

If you cannot spot a flaw then just say so! Are you confirming a perfect 10? (tsk)

Marvel gave Venom his own comic book - that's just wrong.

(tsk)(tsk) Jealous much? (tsk)(tsk)

:D

So are you confirming that it is a very nice book.. a perfect 10? or just not that much jealous? (tsk)

So you are asking if this could get a 10. In that case no. Softness upper left corner of front cover. I thought there was some major defect you were asking if we could find.

Marvel gave Venom his own comic book - that's just wrong.

(tsk)(tsk) Jealous much? (tsk)(tsk)

:D

So are you confirming that it is a very nice book.. a perfect 10? or just not that much jealous? (tsk)

So you are asking if this could get a 10. In that case no. Softness upper left corner of front cover. I thought there was some major defect you were asking if we could find.

This is a wind-up.

This was meant more as a social experiment. And I do seriously appreciate all of you who participated (unknowingly) and submitted your thoughts!

I wanted to see if people look for more than what is actually there. It was derived from an experiment that was conducted on the TV show Brain Games. What people perceive, actually see and totally miss depends on what you ask them to look for. In this case I simply asked if you could spot the flaw.

In the experiment conducted on the TV show people would actually review the exact same product but be able to perceive two entirely different opinions. I considered trying to submit the same book twice. What I decided to try with this experiment was to see if people would try to find things that are not actually there.

For this particular book there are no "flaws" and in fact there are no "defects". I was just curious as to what people are actually looking for when reviewing the books submitted in this forum. This edition of Venom Lethal Protector had the famous "Black Cover" printing error. However the book I presented was a standard print copy. When I asked you to spot the flaw some people asked if this was a "Black Cover" copy? Others began searching for misprinted colours or misaligned covers, etc.

So ask yourself this, because I know I've done it before.

Have you ever looked at a book, figured on a grade, posted it then sometime later look at the same book again and come up with a different grade then what you originally thought? :o

In any event it proved only one thing......

seanfingh was right. Its time to wind it up! :facepalm:

But a great many thanks to all for your views and comments! :grin:

Two things. First off I win! :acclaim:

First post by me in the thread was for clarification.

Second off, you are an interesting social experiment to me yourself. 5 years on the boards and almost 250 posts and all of them in the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" thread. Fascinating.

Second off, you are an interesting social experiment to me yourself. 5 years on the boards and almost 250 posts and all of them in the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" thread. Fascinating.

Yes, but if you look closer, first message was a couple months ago, so most of the time just lurking. Also, almost all of the 250 posts are responses, i.e. giving a grade, rather than new topics, i.e. asking for a grade.

I guess that still makes it an interesting history, now that I think about it.

The drop of drool on Eddie's leg is colored blue instead of green, pfft, it's like that on all of them.

Hey Glen, are you giving up?? Are you saying this book is flawless?? (tsk)

I never give up! :sumo:

I did however go to work.