• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reactions to Wolverine #20? *SPOILERS*

10 posts in this topic

Personally, I liked it. I haven't enjoyed Wolverine quite as much as I used to since the last revamp.

Now we get back to the more old fashioned wolverine, plus I have always been a big fan of Romita Jr.

Now, for the story. I think it was great, but I think Wolverine should have put up more of a fight before he got defeated.

I love that Nick Fury is working with Elektra on this one. I think Elektra is a great fit in Wolverine comics. With him being the best at what he does, and her being the best at what she does too, I expect #2 to be great! (hopefully they won't make Wolverine dispose of Elektra in 1 page).

Finally, a small thing: why was wolverine's costume sitting right by him in his hospital bed? If he had been found in such a bad shape, don't you think his costume would have been in awful shape too? Or do you think SHIELD has a spare uniform for superheroes in the event of these situations? Or maybe whoever brainwashed Wolverine was nice enough to leave a little suitcase with the uniform right next to his body? I know, I know, I am picking on something silly, but I think the issue otherwise was great, so I had to find negatives somewhere.

PS Yes, I did fall in the trap, and I did get the variant cover. I think they are both pretty cool, but I always liked the brown uniform better than the yellow and blue.

I thought this started pretty interesting. Is it some kind of mystical thing or did they just reprogram his brain as in the old Weapon X days. As to the variant, it is not to be found for sale at my LCS, but they are doing a give away for their few copies. From what I read it is the rarest variant done yet by Marvel at 1 for every 65 regular copies. It is going for a pretty penny on e-bay.

My guess is that what they did to him is mystical/magic, since it seemed to be caused by The Hand or people that looked like them.

However, since they did mention Hydra (or was it AIM) a few times, I guess it could have possibly been done through some sort of technology.

Now, I don't know how many people remember the old limited series that had Kitty Pride and Wolverine, where Kitty Pride had been brainwashed by someone called Ogun or Shogun (I am going based on my recollection of a limited series I read like 14 years ago, so I might be wrong) that basically turned Kitty Pride evil? Could it be the same villain somehow? Or someone who knows how to do the same thing? Possible, considering this seemed to take place in Japan, just like the Kitty Pride and Wolverine Limited Series...

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

WIZARD # 157 PAGE 56 (MILLER) "The idea is that Wolverine is captured and brainwashed by Hydra. The guys who have always stopped Hydra from their big plans are the superheroes. So what Hydra wants to do is take those guys and turn them to their advantage. They're capturing these superheroes and brainwashing them and sending them back against the rest of the world.

Wolverine is sent to destory the superhero infrastructure. He's taking down other superheroes after he's brainwashed. He's breaking into Four Freedoms Plaza and crashing S.H.I.E.L.D. Heil-carriers. In a nutshell, it's Wolverine versus the entire Marvel Universe. And the X-Men are

all scared and sleeping in one big room because Wolverine's comming to kill everyone. Everybody's sh--ting themselves because Wolverine's the most dangerous man alive. The ultimate living wepon has fallen into the wrong hands. Wolverine becomes the villain of his own book. He's the bad guy. S.H.I.E.L.D. is after him and wants to keep it under wraps because mutant/human relations have never been easy. So they think, 'We got Elektra and she has a history with him and the Hand and Hydra'."

WIZARD # 157 PAGE 56 (MILLER) "The idea is that Wolverine is captured and brainwashed by Hydra. The guys who have always stopped Hydra from their big plans are the superheroes. So what Hydra wants to do is take those guys and turn them to their advantage. They're capturing these superheroes and brainwashing them and sending them back against the rest of the world.

Wolverine is sent to destory the superhero infrastructure. He's taking down other superheroes after he's brainwashed. He's breaking into Four Freedoms Plaza and crashing S.H.I.E.L.D. Heil-carriers. In a nutshell, it's Wolverine versus the entire Marvel Universe. And the X-Men are

all scared and sleeping in one big room because Wolverine's comming to kill everyone. Everybody's sh--ting themselves because Wolverine's the most dangerous man alive. The ultimate living wepon has fallen into the wrong hands. Wolverine becomes the villain of his own book. He's the bad guy. S.H.I.E.L.D. is after him and wants to keep it under wraps because mutant/human relations have never been easy. So they think, 'We got Elektra and she has a history with him and the Hand and Hydra'."

Just send spidey after him

Spiderman can take him

Just send spidey after him

Spiderman can take him

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Don't know that that won't happen,it would be nice to see JR JR pit Spidey & Wolverine 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I liked the issue and I love JR's work. Hes the main reason why I bought it.

It seems like it may be a decent story. Hopefully it turns out to be a good arc, I find that a lot of the Wolverine stories are just pretty fight scenes with no real story.

Canadian Machine thumbsup2.gif