• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oeming's Thor - What did you think? <SPOILERS>

16 posts in this topic

IMHO, masterfully done! The ending was sad, but left the door open for a return (next year, supposedly).

I really liked the discussion with Beta Ray Bill, and Thor sending him off ("Tell your people about us").

Whadja think?

Well, I look at She-Hulk as a sitcom of sorts in the Marvel universe. Funny stories, interesting art, a good read - but don't take it seriously...

I see it as sort of out of regular Continuity!

Interesting. I take it the Surtur threat is no more and the prophecy of him raising the nine worlds ablaze (or at least Asgard?) has finally been fullfilled in some manner? Otherwise they would rehash this arc every 100 issues or so. Probably the best thing to do after Simonson's brilliant depiction of it 20 years ago-hard to improve on that. Am I way off base on this?

The suspense is driving me bananas as I'm such a huge Thor fan. Thor stories and the whole mythology stuff tend to provide us with stories that have alittle more depth and wonderment than your average superhero, I just love it. thumbsup2.gif

which issues were the simson's run?

oemings arc was an honor towards the richness of the character/universe...something i haven't see in a long, long time.

it would be good to leave this character rest for some time...if that's to return to the old pseudo-mythology wanabee american pop super-hero mix.

337-382. I don't want to give too much away but issues 337-353 are basically all one arc, 17 issues of story telling genius. The next major arc starts around 371 and then ends in one of my all-time favorite books 382. As much as I like Oeming's work, it pales in compariosn to the above issues. Here are a few issues that give you a hint of what's going on but don't buy them piecemail as its best if you read them all in a row. My vote as the best run ever, in any era.

cloud9.gif

T338.gif

T381.gif

T382.gif

I do but I'm not selling. Actually I need to upgrade some copies because I have read them so much. grin.gif Just wait until Chuck has another sale and you can pick up most of them for a few bucks each. Oemings was great but his battle scene's were so brief. Simonson Thor is just awesome, awesome stuff. thumbsup2.gif

thanks for the reply, but since early age i have this rare disease of loving the comics format...i tried once a tpb therapy, but it was of no use, sometimes the HC's can help stable it a little bit, specially if they have a lot of extras... wink.gif

Funny AND True statement 27_laughing.gif