• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beau's books and donation thread

463 posts in this topic

Thrilling Comics #62 CGC 7.0

Schomburg cover

Donated by thirdgreenham

$250

IMG_6853_zps8ec67239.jpg

:takeit:

Thrilling Comics #66 CGC 7.0

Schomburg cover

Donated by thirdgreenham

$210

:takeit:

Thanks for helping out, guys! :headbang:

T.J., please mark Thrilling Comics 62 and 66 as sold, please. :foryou:

Morning folks.

:hi:

TJ has been fighting a nasty bug, which is why he has off-and-on been showing up. So please, please, please be patient and don't lose the faith. He is working to keep this great cause going.

:foryou:

And to start the morning off right - PRICE CUTS!

Donations:

DNAgents (Vol. 1) 1-24 Set A

Donated by Bosco685

This includes #24, containing Dave Stevens cover art. The complete first series, in 9.2 to 9.6 condition.

$35 $25 shipped in the US

th_DNAgents_set1_zps0c21dd93.jpg

th_DNAgents_set1b_zpsa9bbf01c.jpg

Set B

The complete first series (1-24), in 9.2 to 9.6 condition.

$35 $25 shipped in the US

th_DNAgents_set2_zpsb9bf820f.jpg

th_DNAgents_set2b_zps9b043892.jpg

Terminator Multiple Mini Series

Donated by Bosco685

Twenty-one (21) books total across the decades, including All My Future Pasts, Endgame, Secondary Objective and The Enemy Within from creators such as James Robinson, Alan Grant, Guy Davis and Chuck Dixon. Books are in 9.2 to 9.6 condition.

$25 $20 shipped in the US

th_Beau_Sales002_zpsdd328daf.jpg

And just to keep everyone informed on how and when to pay...

If someone has posted comics for donation from their own collection, which they are shipping to you themselves, then please simply make payment to: patbollin1@gmail.com or use the donation button at: www.goldenhourcomics.com

Please include all information about who donated the book and who you are (board name if different from real name). I'll PM you both to confirm payment and you guys can make shipping arrangements btwn the two of you.

If you are buying books from Beau's collection: The reason I haven't requested payment as of yet is that I am waiting on boxes from USPS, and I'm going to get a postal scale so that I can give everyone accurate price+shipping cost when I PM you. Sorry for the delay. I should have that all put together by this weekend.

Thanks,

Pat

I will need to know what shipping costs will be to Portugal for the books I picked up.

Do I pay shipping to the consignor and the cost of the books to the fund ?

Apologies for not following this three-way thing.

I will need to know what shipping costs will be to Portugal for the books I picked up.

Do I pay shipping to the consignor and the cost of the books to the fund ?

Apologies for not following this three-way thing.

Hey there.

1) If the consignor stated the book included shipping, then you send the full amount stated for the item claimed to Pat's account.

2) If the consignor stated shipping was separate, then pay the consignor for the shipping cost, and the sales amount to Pat's account.

Does that help?

Sorry for any confusion. :foryou:

typically understand it as this:

If someone donates a book to the cause, they are going to cover shipping unless stated otherwise.

For Beau's books, according to TJ's first post, shipping will be extra and will be calculated on where you are.

Hope that helps.

If someone donates a book to the cause, they are going to cover shipping unless stated otherwise.

For Beau's books, according to TJ's first post, shipping will be extra and will be calculated on where you are.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for adding the further clarification. I thought I had hit on this, but maybe not.

:foryou:

Hope that helps.

This is correct. Thanks. And on Monday, I'll start sending out PMs to folks for payment and shipping details for the books from Beau's collection. Sorry again for the delay. This is all new to me. It should run much more smoothly once I have Beau's postal scale in hand (picking it up this weekend from his widow).

Here are the specific scenarios that I've been asked to address:

1) Beau's books + shipping: Do people wait to pay until you calculate final shipping, and then send it as one payment?

Yes - Please hold off until TJ and I contact you for your address, so that you can pay all at once.

2) Donation books. How is shipping handled?

The terms of shipping will be as stated by the donator in his/her original post. If the donator says "$70 shipped" then that means the donator is covering shipping. Otherwise the buyer will pay the comic price to the fundraiser and the shipping cost to the donating member.

3) Kareema-Lou additional purchases?

At this time I'm out of the Ghost of Kareema-Lou books. Brock's sales thread has closed for purchases.

Thank you to everyone for their patience and purchases and donations! So far, we have raised, just through the purchases in this sales thread (not including the fundraiser of Beau and Pat's Ghost of Kareema-Lou comic or straight cash donations) $2,356 for Beau's widow and his family!

A giant and heartfelt thank you to everyone who is making this possible!

Also, I have a stack of Beau's Walking Dead books, his Miracleman books, and his Cherry Poptart books to post for sale. After posting them, I believe we will try to have everyone go ahead and settle up their purchases so that we can ship out the books that have sold so far. There are many more books to go through at Pat's house from his first trip to see Beau's family to grade and price.

Additionally, Pat and I will be heading to Alabama this weekend for Beau's memorial service, at which time we will be picking up the rest of Beau's books (approximately 10 long boxes). We still have quite the task in front of us and it will take a good bit of time to sort, grade, and price his entire collection.

Again, thank you to everyone for your patience and your wonderful hearts in this tragic time.

For this stack of books, I will just be posting the issue number, grade, and price in order to save time and effort. If anyone would like a scan or pic of a specific issue, please do not hesitate to ask.

Beau's Walking Dead books:

All of the below issues have sold!

#7 2nd print NM-

$40

#9 VF (there is spotting on the cover that is only noticeable when held at an angle)

$10

#38 VF+

$4

#40 NM/NM-

$10

#43 VF/NM

$8

#58 NM-

$7

#61 NM+

$40

#81 NM/NM+

$10

#82 NM

$8

#83 NM/NM-

$5

#84 NM-

$5

#85 copy A NM/NM-

$5

#85 copy B NM/NM+

$8

#86 NM- (printer roller mark on cover)

$5

#87 NM/NM+

$8

#88 NM/NM+

$8

#89 NM/NM-

$5

#90 NM/NM-

$5

#91 NM

$8

#92 NM+

$40

#93 NM/NM+

$8

#94 NM/NM+

$8

#95 NM/NM+

$8

#96 NM+

$10

#97 NM/NM+

$5

#98 NM/NM+

$5

#99 NM+

$5

#100 regular Adlard cover NM

$5

#101 NM/NM- (stacking curl)

$3

#110 NM+

$4

#111 NM-

$3

#112 NM

$3

Walking Dead reader lot $12 for the lot

These range in grade from Very Good to Very Fine, but I would consider all to be strictly reading copies.

#15, 24, 75, 79, 80, 100 (TMac cover), 104, and 109