• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beau's books and donation thread

463 posts in this topic

Dark Horse Presents #157 CGC 9.4 $40

Preacher #12 CGC 9.8 $30

Preacher #3 CGC 9.8 $60

House of Secrets #92 CGC 7.5 $350

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #2 NM- $150

Chew #2 NM- $20

Fantastic Four #92 and #178 GD $7 for both

Walking Dead #7 2nd print NM- $40

Cherry Poptart lot #1 1st print, #7, #8, #13, & One-Fisted Tales #3 $40 for the lot

Machine Man #1-4 VF/NM $4 for the lot

:takeit:

Andy, unfortunately, the HOS 92 was claimed via a PM last night. Due to the deluge of messages, we didn't catch it until after your :takeit: . The buyer has already paid. Very sorry about that. :( We'll make it up to you. Thanks for all your other purchases, though!

Also, to avoid this confusion in the future, we will no longer be taking any purchases via PM. Please claim any books you would like to purchase here in the thread. Thank you again, everyone!

I think it’s the best solution! (thumbs u
I think it is a terrible solution - many around here, and for a variety of reasons, buy via PM, not public :takeit: It limits your purchasing audience.

I think it is a terrible solution - many around here, and for a variety of reasons, buy via PM, not public :takeit: It limits your purchasing audience.

While I agree with you (I like to purchase via PM), I think for this thread and how it's being managed (by 2 people with very limited time to review/follow up) I can see how this would help both of them run it easier.

Let's not lose focus on the goal of this thread - raising money for Beau's family.

While I agree with you (I like to purchase via PM), I think for this thread and how it's being managed (by 2 people with very limited time to review/follow up) I can see how this would help both of them run it easier.

Let's not lose focus on the goal of this thread - raising money for Beau's family.

and, why would you limit that? :shrug:

I'm not trying to limit that but I think these guys (and if I'm wrong here, please forgive me) have their hands full as it is. At least that's the impression that I'm getting.

As you well know, running a sales thread with multiple books, over multiple pages, with multiple sellers, including board members adding in books as donation is a lot of work, takes a lot of time to manage. Let alone answer PMs when it's being run by 2 people. Just thought it made sense their request but what do I know I just got here. I concede to the long standing member from Oregon - Go Ducks by the way, not sure why Florida State got the love on the polls again, hopefully they are there in the championship game.

If we are going to make requests, then I would like some heads up on the next set of books being offered as I missed a great copy of XMEN 266.

It may limit your purchase audience but it creates less confusion.

BTW, just got your two books, and the Dr. Strange #175 is super-sweet! (thumbs u

It may limit your purchase audience but it creates less confusion.

BTW, just got your two books, and the Dr. Strange #175 is super-sweet! (thumbs u

You posted that it looked like an 8.0 in the thread. Better?

PRICE Reductions from Bosco685:

DNAgents (Vol. 1) 1-24 Set A (9.2 to 9.6) $20

Get em while they're hot!

:takeit:

Thank you so very much. You have loads of super reading ahead of you.

PM on the way.

:bump:

For those of you that may not know, our longtime fellow boardie, Beau, passed away last week. Beau was the very definition of a jokester and a person I was proud to call a friend.

beau.jpg

Just to remind people what this thread is about, and how we are all trying to help a fellow forumite's widow through difficult times.

fACIFhw.gif