• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Nicer Silver & Bronze Age DC - Adams covers/keys/Supes - ALL SOLD & CLOSED!

48 posts in this topic

Superman #238: VF/VF+. Very solid copy for the grade, and a cool "Sand Superman" cover, too. I think the grade on this one is fairly conservative -- some dinginess along the spine on the back cover (highly amplified by the scan) knocks it down for me. From the front it looks VF/NM or maybe a little better. 2011 OSP ~ $45.

$25

supes238-a.jpg

supes238-b.jpg

:takeit: @ 20% off

Superman #238: VF/VF+. Very solid copy for the grade, and a cool "Sand Superman" cover, too. I think the grade on this one is fairly conservative -- some dinginess along the spine on the back cover (highly amplified by the scan) knocks it down for me. From the front it looks VF/NM or maybe a little better. 2011 OSP ~ $45.

$25

:takeit: @ 20% off

You got it, thanks!

:news:WEDNESDAY LUNCHTIME UPDATE:

Now...take 30% OFF the listed prices for the remaining books below!

or...

Take ALL the remaining books listed below and get 50% OFF the lot plus FREE SHIPPING in the US!

This is probably the final update for this thread -- I plan to close it later this evening, and then send out invoices at that time as well...

------------------------------------------------------------

Action Comics #402: VF/NM. Penciled arrival date on the front cover (hard to see in the scan -- it's to the left of the "My Powers are Gone!" word balloon). Bought several years ago from Bob Storms as a VF/NM, which is what it still is today. Another cool Adams cover from a great era for the Man of Steel. 2011 OSP = $30.

$20

action402-a.jpg

action402-b.jpg

Batman #252: VF. Bought this one from Dale Roberts at the Baltimore Con 4-5 years ago. Don't know if it's a tough one to find in grade or not, but this was definitely the nicest copy I could find in the room on that day. 2011 OSP = $35.

$25

batman252-a.jpg

batman252-b.jpg

Jonah Hex #1: VF-. Awesome interior artwork by Garcia-Lopez. 2011 OSP ~ $59.

$30

jonahhex1-a.jpg

jonahhex1-b.jpg

Kamandi #1: VF+. Classic first issue of King Kirby's longest-running and most successful Bronze Age title. Wish DC would make a movie out of this one! 2011 OSP ~ $69.

$30

kamandi1-a.jpg

kamandi1-b.jpg

Superman #209: VF-. A slightly dingy back cover is about the worst of it (looks much worse in the scan than in-hand). Very solid copy overall, and another sentimental favorite of mine from the unjustly forgotten Ross Andru era on this title. The creepy, big-headed, long-fingered, red-skinned "Super-Clark" alien at the end of the story seriously freaked me out as a kid. It's just plain weird! 2011 OSP ~ $30.

$20

supes209-a.jpg

supes209-b.jpg

Superman #317: NM-/NM (9.2-9.4). Another classic Adams cover, always in demand! 2011 OSP (9.2 price) = $10.

$25

supes317-a.jpg

supes317-b.jpg

Now...take 30% OFF the listed prices for the remaining books below!

or...

Take ALL the remaining books listed below and get 50% OFF the lot plus FREE SHIPPING in the US!

This is probably the final update for this thread -- I plan to close it later this evening, and then send out invoices at that time as well...

Action Comics #402: VF/NM. Penciled arrival date on the front cover (hard to see in the scan -- it's to the left of the "My Powers are Gone!" word balloon). Bought several years ago from Bob Storms as a VF/NM, which is what it still is today. Another cool Adams cover from a great era for the Man of Steel. 2011 OSP = $30.

$20

action402-a.jpg

action402-b.jpg

Batman #252: VF. Bought this one from Dale Roberts at the Baltimore Con 4-5 years ago. Don't know if it's a tough one to find in grade or not, but this was definitely the nicest copy I could find in the room on that day. 2011 OSP = $35.

$25

batman252-a.jpg

batman252-b.jpg

Jonah Hex #1: VF-. Awesome interior artwork by Garcia-Lopez. 2011 OSP ~ $59.

$30

jonahhex1-a.jpg

jonahhex1-b.jpg

Kamandi #1: VF+. Classic first issue of King Kirby's longest-running and most successful Bronze Age title. Wish DC would make a movie out of this one! 2011 OSP ~ $69.

$30

kamandi1-a.jpg

kamandi1-b.jpg

Superman #209: VF-. A slightly dingy back cover is about the worst of it (looks much worse in the scan than in-hand). Very solid copy overall, and another sentimental favorite of mine from the unjustly forgotten Ross Andru era on this title. The creepy, big-headed, long-fingered, red-skinned "Super-Clark" alien at the end of the story seriously freaked me out as a kid. It's just plain weird! 2011 OSP ~ $30.

$20

supes209-a.jpg

supes209-b.jpg

Superman #317: NM-/NM (9.2-9.4). Another classic Adams cover, always in demand! 2011 OSP (9.2 price) = $10.

$25

supes317-a.jpg

supes317-b.jpg

Ok, I'll take them all.

or...

Ok, I'll take them all.

Thanks Ray, they're all yours!