• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you display your GA books?

10 posts in this topic

I dont "display" them in the normal sense, but i will pull em out of the long box in a moments notice. I'm hoping to buy lots of lower grade copies in the near future, because I def. love reading and flipping through them and always incourage others to look through them too...I once let a friend borrow my GA books (the tiny amount that i have).

Book contained in mylar?

That's pretty much how I do it...I have my most special books in 3 ring binders and can whip them out at a moments notice...each binder holds about 10 books... yay.gif

No.

The best thing to do is store your most valuable books in a cool, dark place away from moisture or humidity. Take them out to read or enjoy, but leave them in a tomb-like enviroment (for preservation purposes) if you want them to stay in thier best condition.

If not, invite the kids over for a cut-and-paste coallage party! Your Grand Parents will be thrilled to see you've finally found a use for those old funny books you've been keeping in the dark. thumbsup2.gif

Anybody tried to get someplace like Kinko's to make huge poster-sized scans of your best books? I've always thought about doing it but never followed through. I figure if you take an ultra-high resolution scan, they can make a poster from that.

No.

The best thing to do is store your most valuable books in a cool, dark place away from moisture or humidity. Take them out to read or enjoy, but leave them in a tomb-like enviroment (for preservation purposes) if you want them to stay in thier best condition.

Absolutely right. Even indirect sunlight - or, I suspect ambient light of any kind - will eventually 'bleach' a comic over time. I don't believe that a CGC slab will protect from this any better than a mylar or polybag, which is to say, not much at all.

I'll never forget watching a nice mid-grade ASM # 4 suffer this very fate in the window of Comics & Comix on Columbus Ave. in San Francisco 25+ years ago...the cover slowly fading away to almost nothing over a period of years...

I have a glass display case that I use to show a few GA books. I currently have some nice war cover books on display. The area gets very little ambient light, but I do rotate the books through and don't display anything too valuable. Currently I have 3 Schomburg covers (Blue Beetle, Speed and America's Best) and Capt. Marvel 21 (CM hits Hitler with an honesty ray 27_laughing.gif) in there.