• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 9.0 with tape pull!!

37 posts in this topic

OMG, I can literally feel the pain myself caused by the tape pull on this beauty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32739&item=2275640509&rd=1

If I had done that, I'd have a knot in the pit of my stomach for the rest of my natural life.

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.giffrown.gifcrazy.gifblush.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.giffrown.giffrustrated.giffrown.gifinsane.gifforeheadslap.gifinsane.gifblush.gifblush.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.giffrown.gifsorry.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifsorry.gifsorry.gif

I'm not sure that 'the rest of my natural life' would be too long after a disaster like that!

There's an urban myth regarding the dealer at a big show proudly displaying a flawless 9.4-9.6 unslabbed GL #1 to a drooling potential customer. Sliding said book back into the mylar with a flourish, the dealer caught the cover the wrong side of the mylar and managed to very neatly detach cover from book!

I suspect that the rest of his stock ended up water-damaged, due to the floods of tears.

I'm not sure that 'the rest of my natural life' would be too long after a disaster like that!

It'd be worse than totalling a brand new car without having insurance! Looks to be around a $20K to $30K tape pull. blush.gif

I'm not a big fan of that 6 written on the cover. tongue.gif

I think we should burn it.

I'm surprised at how bad the color matching is. You can see the touches on a fairly small, low res scan.

sad-smiley-023.gif

I'd expect better from Susan Cicconi. If I was the owner, I'd at least send it to a restorer to make the color match better.

So let me get this straight.... the previous owner pulled not one, but TWO pieces of the cover off with tape?

And then the current owner takes a SHARPIE to the color-touched area in order to highlight Susan C's work?

This is madness - madness, I tell you! frustrated.gif

The Sharpie is only to the outside of the Cgc polybag per auction description.

Oh, thank the gods for that! hehe

Seriously, I don't understand why anyone uses tape at all. Put the book in a polybag or a mylar and put it in a box. What's the point of the tape, except to present a serious potential hazard down the road?

I know some people swear by the process of taping each bag shut. I'm from the other school of thought, which states that taping the bag shut not only can result in moisture build-up, but also has the added threat of a future tape pull.

Well tape is a necessity on some books that just arent worth the added expense of mylar. To me its unsighly to have a bunch of books sitting in a longbox with the bag flaps all sticking in the air.

However, there is truly no situation where I would allow tape withing a mile of a VF/NM AF15.