• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conan one-shot: Daughters of Midora

13 posts in this topic

Any thoughts on this one? I thought it was ok, though not up to the standards of the regular series. There were also a few annoying narrative gaps...in one panel Conan would be preparing to fight and the next he would be on the ground at knife-point. I kept checking to see if I had skipped a page.

I thought it was a good read! Girls, drinking, barbarian arrogence and heads getting loped off...what's not to like? Also you can't go wrong with a Mark Texiera cover! My only critique would be at one point in conversation Conan tells one of his traveling companions to lower the king's banner and says "...it will do nothing but advertise our arrival!"

Advertise? C'mon this is a barbarian talking here!!!

About the only thing I didn't like about this issue was the $4.99 cover price!

I want to pick it up, but every copy at 2 of my LCS's was heavily creased on the upper left side of the FC. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yep, same here but there were only 2 left at my LCS so I went with the one with the less amount of crease. frustrated.gif

I did want to read it though!

I want to pick it up, but every copy at 2 of my LCS's was heavily creased on the upper left side of the FC. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Yep, same here but there were only 2 left at my LCS so I went with the one with the less amount of crease. frustrated.gif

Same here in Michigan. All copies creased!!

Same here in Michigan. All copies creased!!

Not everywhere in Michigan - my copy from Comic City is just fine smile.gifcloud9.gif

Posted over on Conan.com

Terry

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheREHcomicsgroup/

We're about a month away from the release of the next trade paperback, THE BLOODY CROWN OF CONAN, and I just saw the loose pages last week. They look GREAT! Gary's artwork looks as terrific as ever, and the paintings adapted to black and white brilliantly. Thank Crom for a first-class production department like we have here at Del Rey.

Remember the challenge, though. The book hits stores Tuesday, November 23, and all you Howard fans need to lay siege to your local book store. Buy your copies as soon as you can after Nov. 23. If you all hit the stores at once, we have a shot at getting onto the New York Times bestseller list. Won't that freak out the literary types!

There are a lot of book stores out there that only sell the bestsellers, so when BLOODY CROWN hits the list, hundreds of new stores will have to carry it. I think it's only actual "brick and mortar" stores--not the online stores--that report to the Times list, but if you've ordered from an online store, don't worry--that'll help, too. The higher we go on the online ratings, the more buzz we'll generate. So it's all good.

Steve Saffel

Editorial Director

Del Rey Books

I have been one of the biggest supporters of the DH Conan series and my local LCS pulled this book for me assuming I'd want it. I took a pass because all the copies were beat up - looks like the extra pages were bound poorly of shipped poorly, maybe this will be one of those elusive 100-pagers 25 years from now, it just takes alot to sway my $$$ to new comic books these days and this book just didnt have the sway.

I thought it was good, but it felt a little rushed towards the end. There was all this build up regarding saving the daughter and then once they got to the castle the battle lasted like one page or so. I think the next one shot should be a 100 Page issue -- more time to develop the adventure.