• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your WMD covers...

46 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]I think both attributions may be wrong, My best guess would be Al Feldstein.[/font] hm

Doesn't look like a Feldstein face on the woman to me. (shrug)

It could well be a different penciller and inker which always makes attribution tougher. It would be Kamen's first cover if it were his work, and an early cover for Feldstein. The grass doesn't look like the grass on Kamen's other covers, and it really doesn't look that much like his other work from the era, as his poses were still somewhat awkward then. The horizontal line of fabric across the woman's breasts however, is practically a Feldstein trademark, but Feldstein rarely drew cheek bone slashes. After looking at his other covers from the mid 1940s, it still looks more like Baker than the other two to me, especially the generous fabric folds on the arms of the woman's dress.

to call 2 copies 2 covers a bit of a stretch... why have 2?

[font:Times New Roman] :grin: Just for the stereo-optical FX.

As for why, ...why not?

I love to stretch. (thumbs u

There are two copies & two covers, but you're right, it is overkill.

Of course, overkill is what WMD is all about, isn't it? hm

Well, maybe I'll be more successful with the dual optical effects on this cover...

6ffa875a-2551-45eb-8e56-7fe2298681e6_zps9138f608.jpg

Whether this rises to the level of a WMD cover is open to debate, but it certainly was from Frederick Wertham's POV.[/font] lol