• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rogue's First Appearance

15 posts in this topic

I've got a funny story about that book. Back around 1996, when I didn't have a car, I woke up late the morning I was supposed to go on a trip. Grabbing my already-packed suitcase, I ran out the door and down the street to catch the bus to the airport. After almost getting run over by some woman who apparently felt she didn't have to obey a stop sign so early in the morning, I was halted in my tracks by a comic with a familiar red cover lying in the gutter. It happened to be an Avengers Annual #10. I can only assume it fell out of someone's box while they were moving (this is in the UT student residential area). It was actually in very nice shape, maybe VF/NM. It obviously hadn't been lying there very long, and I was glad I was up early that morning. It was actually a nice upgrade over my original, much-read copy. And I was happy to have something different to read on the plane.

It's too bad Al Milgrom decided to do a 60s throwback cover for Avengers Annual #10, instead of showcasing the new character. In fact it's too bad Milgrom did the cover at all, given the gorgeous interior work Michael Golden did on that book. #10 is a key, but would be far more desirable had Golden done a cover featuring Rogue.

When Rogue showed up in the X-Men animated series in the early 90s, I noticed AA #10 was quite underpriced, so I scrounged around the local shops and picked up a half-dozen FN to NM- copies for $5 or $6 apiece, in addition to the nearly flawless copy I bought new.

I got a nice Ink sketch of Rogue from Mike Wieringo at the San Diego Con in about 1997 for my daughter who was a Rogue fan at the time.

I just picked up a copy of Uncanny X-men 171 today, and now I'm wondering what book she makes her first appearance in?

By the way, Uncanny #158 is Rogue's second appearance, IIRC.

Yeah, I noticed that. That is why I went looking around my magazines to see if I could find the first appearance but I didn't notice it.

I just started collecting a few months ago, so I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

I just picked up a copy of Uncanny X-men 171 today, and now I'm wondering what book she makes her first appearance in?

By the way, Uncanny #158 is Rogue's second appearance, IIRC.

Uncanny X-men #158 is Rogue's 1st appearance in the X-men title, not her second appearance. thumbsup2.gif

Uncanny X-men #158 is Rogue's 1st appearance in the X-men title, not her second appearance. thumbsup2.gif

Then spill the beans. ROM 31 is close, but I can't recall anything before X-Men 158.

It was Rom 31 as her 2nd appearance, followed by Rom 32.

Both issues were published before Uncanny X-men #158.

Oh that's right. I scooped up a few handfuls of those from some 25¢ and 50¢ boxes too.

Speaking of Rom, the later Ditko/Russell books were gorgeous.

Then spill the beans. ROM 31 is close, but I can't recall anything before X-Men 158.

ROM 31 was the same month, but (I believe) was later to hit the stands.

X-Men 158: June 1982

ROM 31: June 1982