• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSH 18--hard to find in high grade?

10 posts in this topic

Just a guess on my part, but with other books from this period with "glued-on covers", the covers are usually wavy/wrinkled along the spine. I'd imagine this makes them harder to find in the super high 9.4+ grades.

Darker cover too, so any wear would be more obvious than other issues.

I'd imagine this makes them harder to find in the super high 9.4+ grades.

Darker cover too, so any wear would be more obvious than other issues.

+1.

I sold a MSH 18 Cgc 8.0 for $570 via cLink :popcorn: which is way above Ostreet.

I sold a raw copy I graded at F/-VF about a month ago in no time on the boards for $200+. I think one issue( :devil:) with MSH 18 is the staples on the interior of that glued on cover. They start to push their way through the cover over time. Hard to find copies where that hasn't resulted in wear on the front cover be it light color loss all the way to the staples showing entirely.

Just a guess on my part, but with other books from this period with "glued-on covers", the covers are usually wavy/wrinkled along the spine. I'd imagine this makes them harder to find in the super high 9.4+ grades.

The wavying due to glue is not taken into account as a defect when grading, as it’s a manufacturing thing.