• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

Still looks better than 90% of the clowns I see at shows, they all wear the same thing, Comic t-shirt that is 2 sizes too big with ill fitting cargo shorts and gym sneakers.

Who the :censored: cares what attendees at conventions look like? Are you there to look for a date?

I'm going to dress comfortably, not like a superficial, over-compensating insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Still looks better than 90% of the clowns I see at shows, they all wear the same thing, Comic t-shirt that is 2 sizes too big with ill fitting cargo shorts and gym sneakers.

That's what I have on now, and almost every day when I come home.

Who the :censored: cares what attendees at conventions look like? Are you there to look for a date?

I'm going to dress comfortably, not like a superficial, over-compensating insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Did I hit a nerve? :devil:

Did I hit a nerve? :devil:

Because he's obviously been trying really hard to hit one for a while, oh the satisfaction! :makepoint:

Yeah, show me a guy who ears an expensive suit to a Con and I'll show you a guy with a massive dry cleaning bill. lol
aca5701c8b4b17c9e1db61a04777a125_zpse2925771.jpg

Is this guy dealing comics, or dealing drugs?

Yep, but I couldn't find pictures of them . . . :grin:

That's what I have on now, and almost every day when I come home.

lol Don't even own them. lol

This is the Copper thread, right Joe?

Anyway, that's why "classics" is in quotation marks...

Did you even read the part of your post that I bolded? :insane:

I did, but I didn't "get it" until just now . . . :insane:

I think Shazam titles are sleeper books....Power of the Shazam, Shazam 1970s series, etc....

When I did the Hartford Con, I had 6 people at different times ask me for Shazam books. They were looking for anything Shazam I had. I had the #1 1970s in duplicates which I sold one copy.

I think it goes without saying I was a little doh! because I have a long box filled with Shazam and Marvel Family titles that I didn't bring. I looked at them, thought about it and decided not to bring them at that time....

I think Shazam titles are sleeper books....Power of the Shazam, Shazam 1970s series, etc....

When I did the Hartford Con, I had 6 people at different times ask me for Shazam books. They were looking for anything Shazam I had. I had the #1 1970s in duplicates which I sold one copy.

I think it goes without saying I was a little doh! because I have a long box filled with Shazam and Marvel Family titles that I didn't bring. I looked at them, thought about it and decided not to bring them at that time....

Had you brought them, no one would have asked for them.

I think the tie is one of the stupidest items of clothing ever invented. I'm in IT, and whenever I run into a management type who values wearing an expensive suit I start assuming that they are an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

These guys don't look like "investors" to me . . . just sayin' lol

The second guys, no, since they're buying/debating Moderns off the shelf, but who knows about the first photo? I know people with *lots* of money who look exactly the same.

True, they just don't know how to dress and/or don't groom themselves cause comic guys don't care what they look like.

I've dressed like a bum going to local shows because it's a comic show. I wear nice ties and dress-shirts at work; I don't have to impress the dirtbag dealer I'm haggling with.