• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sideshow Collectibles - Bank Account Information Request???

13 posts in this topic

So I ordered a Sideshow Collectible figure and placed the order on my credit card (this was my 3rd order from them by the way). Today I get this e-mail that they could not ship to my PO Box and wanted a shipping address. After sending them my home address I get this e-mail:

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department and for your interest in our products!

We have received the Alternate Shipping Address Authorization Form from you with your credit card and ID copies; however, it appears you neglected to include your credit card, ID copies, and the top portion of your credit card billing statement that shows your address and also the account number, please include that in your next email.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street

Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

WHAT?!!? They actually asked me to send a copy of my credit card, copy of my ID, and a copy of my credit card statement with account number and address!?!?! :o

Needless to say I declined sending that much personal information to them and indicated I was not comfortable sharing that information and this is the e-mail I received:

Dear James,

I completely understand your concerns.

We have cancelled your order TC##### for the Snake Eyes and Timber Sixth Scale Figure (item#26311). Please allow 24 hours for this change to show in your online account. I have also submitted a request for a refund which can take 3-10 business days for the refund to be posted to your, depending on your bank.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street

Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

(805) 214-2159 Office • (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 855-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)

Outside the U.S.: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2

Is that not totally insane??? Again I have ordered from Sideshow a few times now, always with the same credit card, and never had them even remotely hint at wanting all this information. Then they just completely cancel my order because I won't send them a copy of my ID, credit card, and credit card account information. Crazy world... looks like I'll have to pick it up on E-Bay... :sorry:

can't say i follow that at all........maybe they'd like to know the size of your member too? :insane:

I would be more willing to do that!!!

Just picked the same item up on the "Bay" for $20 less, free shipping, and zero handing over personal information!

I wonder if they will get actually people who will scan in their ID, CC, and copy of their credit card bill for these people???

Where did they ask for you bank account info?

"...portion of your credit card billing statement that shows your address and also the account number..."

I should have clarified that my "credit card" they refer to is actually my debit card, therefore that is my bank account.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Although I don't see what the address on your statement is gonna do. I assume that's your billing address.

And anyway, asking you to scan some paperwork for them? That's ridiculous.

I've been buy from SS for years and they never asked for this info. Unless you're seeking an exclusive from SS you can get it cheaper and without CA tax if you order from ebay or BBTS. Edition size and exclusives drive up their more rare collectibles.

Sounds like what I had to do to get a license in Florida. I had to provide everything except a fluid sample. No way I'd give out that kind of info to buy anything besides a house.

I can't/won't bid with Heritage because they insist on either your Social Security number or your Driver's License because, for some reason, they're the only people who can't accept a valid credit card number as sufficient to conduct business. Companies may have a reason for doing things like this, but whatever the reason is keeps me from doing business with them.

I can't/won't bid with Heritage because they insist on either your Social Security number or your Driver's License because, for some reason, they're the only people who can't accept a valid credit card number as sufficient to conduct business. Companies may have a reason for doing things like this, but whatever the reason is keeps me from doing business with them.

Odd, I never gave heritage a drivers license or SSN, just a credit card.