• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA27 prices leveling off?

50 posts in this topic

Are you kidding?

I'm not starting this crud up again, but I cordially invite you to go look at GPA, compare the prices 6 months ago, and quote them now - For those without GPA, here they are below.

My 23 copies were purchased pre-rise. If that's disappointment, well, I'm happy to be disappointed in every book I choose to invest in.

Pre - purchase and apres purchase. If you have had better investments, please share, and perhaps you can teach me some tips to make better book choices.

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

My 'pumping' may not agree with some, but I challenge anyone to find a transaction I was involved in where the buyer or seller is not whole. As far as I am concerned, FF #52 has been a good move for me. I am sorry that, for whatever reason, you choose to bring my name up in a subject I have nothing to do with.

I will not be commenting again.

Peace.

Less than 24 hours later

Yeah context means more with extra data - it would take a longer timespan to ascertain the drift of TTA #27.

Personally, I hope it at least stabilizes, it's a book I have been after for a while.

:facepalm:

lol

Movie speculators are a fickle bunch. Whenever the value of a book moves from the collective wisdom of hobbyists to the irrational exuberance of the speculator, the metrics change. As Roy said, the prices are still way up, however the speculator has a short memory. Right now the media eye is gazing at other books and they are going crazy, shortly, the eye will turn back to Ant-man and this book will take off for a time until the eye shifts it's gaze again and the dance continues...

Some mortals try to shift the gaze of the eye by their own efforts and end up disappointed, ask Biege about that.

Are you kidding?

I'm not starting this crud up again, but I cordially invite you to go look at GPA, compare the prices 6 months ago, and quote them now - For those without GPA, here they are below.

My 23 copies were purchased pre-rise. If that's disappointment, well, I'm happy to be disappointed in every book I choose to invest in.

Pre - purchase and apres purchase. If you have had better investments, please share, and perhaps you can teach me some tips to make better book choices.

5.5 - $83 - $400

6.0 - $112 - $240

7.0 - $233 - $467

7.5 - $185 - $448

8.0 - $267 - $800

8.5 - $389 - $887

9.0 - $628 - $1408.

My 'pumping' may not agree with some, but I challenge anyone to find a transaction I was involved in where the buyer or seller is not whole. As far as I am concerned, FF #52 has been a good move for me. I am sorry that, for whatever reason, you choose to bring my name up in a subject I have nothing to do with.

I will not be commenting again.

Peace.

I'm sorry Beige that I dropped that turd and never came back. It was early morning posting and should not have dropped your name in a post that had nothing to do with you. That was bad form. I stand by my take on the market but I should not have connected it to you.

I was just having an email exchange the other day with someone about this very subject.

This is what I saw doing a quick search online.

8.5 went for $22K on Clink just a few months ago.

7.5 went from $8400 to $10,400 between 2012 and 2013, that's 25 % increase

7.0 went from $4200 in 2011 to $8000 (recent CLINK sale) in 2013 - that's a 100% increase in one year

6.0 went from $2500 - $3500/3800 between 2012 and 2013 - that's a 50% increase in one year

You can't assume the world is changing based on one auction result. :makepoint:

Based on the above it seems to still be a pretty strong book.

Hey VintageComics, I didn't mean to suggest that the book hasn't seen a healthy increase in the last 12 months. I was just wondering if the price of the book has finally plateaued for the time being and, perhaps, for the foreseeable future. Like other folks have already said, TTA27 might yet see another pre-movie bump.

Yep. Next thing you know. Collectors will be paying big bucks for the first appearance of a raccoon.

Will happily take 30 copies of the raccoon as opposed to one copy of tta27 right now

u have 30 copies? :whatev:

No only seven, I was just stating I would rather invest in the raccoon than the ant right now !

Rudd is going to kill that movie ....

Cooper is going to do a good job in Galaxy

Yep. Next thing you know. Collectors will be paying big bucks for the first appearance of a raccoon.

Will happily take 30 copies of the raccoon as opposed to one copy of tta27 right now

u have 30 copies? :whatev:

No only seven, I was just stating I would rather invest in the raccoon than the ant right now !

Rudd is going to kill that movie ....

Cooper is going to do a good job in Galaxy

I think this books will do well around movie time but, everyone on these boards has multiple copies; beware the glut on eBay when the film is released. Personally, for long term investment, I'd go with TTA 27 any day of the week, in fact I have 30 copies of Hulk 271 that I will trade for a TTA 27 cgc 9.4 + if anyone is interested

The CLink numbers for the TTA27s in the October auction were mildly disappointing to say the least. A 4.5 CR/OW went for just $1950, down from the last 4.5 GPA sale of $2100 in June. And a 6.5 went for just $3700 after another 6.5 went for around $3600 in April. Definitely didn't see that coming... What gives? (shrug)

I bought a 6.5 off the boards here a couple months ago for $4000 and was ecstatic (still am). The last two GPA recorded copies went for $4977 & $5700 (june & july 2013).

So whoever got the 6.5 at $3700 was very lucky.

We're going to keep seeing upward prices in all grades.