• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink dissatisfaction. Whom do I complain too?

112 posts in this topic

They desperately need to improve scans and revamp the whole website.

Welcome to 2002! lol

The lack of back cover scans for books worth thousands of dollars is perplexing...

Actually, if you email them they'll send you 8-track recordings of the back covers.

:think:

I prefer reel to reel to listen to my cover scans...

:grin:

That bottom right corner looks like classic SCS to me, many of the BA Marvel Giant Size issues have cover overhang along the right edge, making them succeptible to this flaw in CGC's inner well design.

For example, here are the corners of a couple different CGC 9.6 X-men 1's:

gsxmen1_scs_zps9379d657.jpg

Maybe I don't know the difference between an 8.5 and a 9.2.

Here is one of the books.

giantsizedkidcolt2front001_zps01f9bf36.jpg

Here is an attempt for a close up of the lower right corner area. The paper edge is folded over for about two inches above bottom, and is creased on the very corner. Shaken Comic Syndrome?

giantsizedkidcolt2bottomrightcorner001_zps3b63d6f8.jpg

Here is the lower left front corner.

Bug chews?

giantsizedkidcolt2lowerleftcorner001_zps213842d4.jpg

Here is the back cover. There is a tear on the top right.

giantsizedkidcolt2backcover001_zps776e144c.jpg

Close up of the tear on the top left front cover. The spine is also wavy about two inches from the top and two inches above the bottom. Probably does not show up well, but does in person.

giantsizedkidcolt2spinearea001_zps28000b1d.jpg

Those books were graded that way by CGC. That's doesn't appear to be case damage.

hm....one of my posts disappeared.

Anyway. I have been informed that I can send this particular book back, and after they look at it. I might get a refund. If the damage is considered to be from SCS or something similar.

I agree with the other poster that the comic was graded that way. The tears are production raker marks - e.g. manufacturing defects.

I crack a lot of books, and most have damage you can't see until you get the outer well off. No solution to that, except that the cgc grade is just a recommendation, and you'll never know what grade a book truly is until you crack it out, and assess it for yourself.

I would just sell the book to the next sucker, and write it off.

I was informed that this is the second time this book has sold via the Link. I am not going to stiff someone else. I would rather just keep it and learn from it. I am going to return it, per my conversation with their representative.

I hope it works out.

Comic Link on the way DOWN!

Some people are very happy about that!

CAL :gossip:

Why would 'some people' be happy about that ? Unless you are referring to the competition. I'm still a Clink fan but that website is getting beyond ridiculous. Spend some money on the website Josh !

I like to consign my comics and art to comic link. I am happy with the 10% como. I don't mind waiting for my money. I'm always pleased with results. I like how the auction ends one book at a time to the highest bidder. I don't like the all at the same time HA.com Sunday auction ends. I don't like the time added to books with late bids either. I trust comiclink to handle my books and transaction professionally. I buy books too and if I want to see a books back cover they send me a scan

Anyway, I can see why you're upset.

It's not SCS, it was graded that way.

Moral of the story...never buy anything without being able to see it. Lick and a promise don't mean squat.

What are you talking about? The LRC of the fc is absolutely SCS.

Moral of the story...never buy anything without being able to see it. Lick and a promise don't mean squat.

(thumbs u

The book is in an old slab and may have enough frequent flyer miles built up to get a free trip to Hawaii. Hard to blame Clink for this. . Stop picking on clink.

Anyway. I have been informed that I can send this particular book back, and after they look at it. I might get a refund. If the damage is considered to be from SCS or something similar.

I agree with the other poster that the comic was graded that way. The tears are production raker marks - e.g. manufacturing defects.

I crack a lot of books, and most have damage you can't see until you get the outer well off. No solution to that, except that the cgc grade is just a recommendation, and you'll never know what grade a book truly is until you crack it out, and assess it for yourself.

I was informed that this is the second time this book has sold via the Link. I am not going to stiff someone else. I would rather just keep it and learn from it. I am going to return it, per my conversation with their representative.

I hope it works out.

They already told you they wouldn't refund unless it was SCS, so I don't know why you'd bother sending it back. They are just going to hose you with another round of unreasonable postage.

I hear what the OP is saying, but what can CL do? They have 2 options -- either agree to sell the book and advertise it using the grade made by an independent 3rd party (CGC), or not sell it. But if they decide not to sell it, aren't they effectively getting into the business of grading? And how can they do that?

This seems like a CGC issue, not CL. Overall I think CGC does a good job, but we all have seen CGC books with higher or lower grades we would have given. IMHO, the perils of a subjective standard. Having said that, I feel for the OP.

I hear what the OP is saying, but what can CL do? They have 2 options -- either agree to sell the book and advertise it using the grade made by an independent 3rd party (CGC), or not sell it. But if they decide not to sell it, aren't they effectively getting into the business of grading? And how can they do that?

Why would they not?

Stand behind your product and protect your reputation.

lol

Ok...you go with that then.

I hope it works out.

They already told you they wouldn't refund unless it was SCS, so I don't know why you'd bother sending it back. They are just going to hose you with another round of unreasonable postage.

From the same scans I provided here. Their representative (a member of this fourm) stated that it "appears to be SCS. But that he would like to look at it in hand, to make a final determination. He further stated that they would give me a credit for the shipping, if I return the book and in their determination, it is more likely than not, SCS.

I think it is, and I appreciate their willingness to check it out. Especially after I was informed by them, that this is the second time they have sold this same book.

We shall see how it shakes out ("shakes", see how I used that) :)

lol

Agreed - no way on the SCS.

I'll put my money on either blind graders or within the parameters of a CGC 9.2.

Their representative (a member of this fourm) stated that it "appears to be SCS. But that he would like to look at it in hand, to make a final determination. He further stated that they would give me a credit for the shipping, if I return the book and in their determination, it is more likely than not, SCS.

Props to Clink! :applause:

It's most definitely SCS...it would behoove anyone looking to pick up a GS X-men 1 (or any Marvel GS for that matter) to check the entire right edge for this defect. It doesn't just affect the corners but here's a typical example of SCS damage on these books.

gsx1_scs_zps7433f648.jpg

lol

Please enlighten me meh