• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink dissatisfaction. Whom do I complain too?

112 posts in this topic

So, I get four books in the mail today, from ComicLink.

Two are okay. Two are baffling in their grades.

Either CGC sucks, or the books were damaged after being slabbed (hence why they may have been put up for sale in the first place). Or they got damaged from all of the shipping and handling between there and here.

I know that I can not complain to CGC. That would do absolutely no good.

I know that I can not complain to the former owners that put them up for sale on the Link. That just isn't an option.

So, can I complain to ComicLink about condition of a professionally graded and slabbed comic book?

I think not.

These will be my last purchases from ComicLink. Totally dissatisfied. But their scans are not real good and there are no back cover scans. Although, to be fair. Scan pictures often can not show "wavy" or "crinkled" parts of a book.

So what's a feller supposed to do? Only buy books in person?

I best guess about the conditions of these two books, is that they suffered from moisture in the air somewhere, and from Shaken Slab Syndrom. I would hate to think that CGC was this incompetent in grading. Although incompetent may not be the right word, since their grades are opinion.

I was looking forward to getting these books.

Very disappointed.

They desperately need to improve scans and revamp the whole website.

Welcome to 2002! lol

The lack of back cover scans for books worth thousands of dollars is perplexing...

If you get a chance, put some pics up. I'd like to see what you're describing.

scans if possible.

One thing I can say is be real careful of raw buys from Comiclink.

Not to throw Josh and company under the bus, but I bought a raw set for the first

time from one of their auctions and I was bummed.

The auction was suppose to have 15 books that were avg 8.5–9.0

more than half of them were FN's.

Another thing that added to my puzzlement was the fact you are forced to check

out with raw wins separate from CGC wins and you have to pay another shipping fee.

They were boxed/shipped separately so no argument there, but it would've been nice to know up front.

Live and learn I guess.

:P

Can't speak for Comic Link but Comic Connect will take returns for basically no reason (customer unhappy with book).

As a consignor I remember having to relist a CGC 9.8 copy of New Mutants 98 because the customer did not like the look of the book when he came in to pick it up. The book sold later that month (for a slightly lower offer I accepted) with no problems at all.

They desperately need to improve scans and revamp the whole website.

Welcome to 2002! lol

The lack of back cover scans for books worth thousands of dollars is perplexing...

yeah. I've talked plenty of times to them about this and the fact that their clocks for the auctions (in the list view) sometimes don't match the actual auctions.

I don't know if this is a "Mac" thing or what. And honestly I was willing to put up with the ancient set up because there were good deals to be had. But now that the prices are pulling up to GPA most times, there is too much $$$ running through that place to have such a jurassic set up.

A few months ago this kind of bit them in the azz when they had to re-list a whole section of auction pages due to a software malfunction not allowing bids on those books.

Whoah Nelly!

scans if possible.

Not to throw Josh and company under the bus, but I bought a raw set for the first

I had a similar experience with overgrading of raws. A lot of 10 books was supposed to average VG and they were more like G on average with a couple (literally 2) in the VG/F range. I returned them for a refund, which took them 6 weeks to process.

scans if possible.

I had a similar experience with overgrading of raws. A lot of 10 books was supposed to average VG and they were more like G on average with a couple (literally 2) in the VG/F range. I returned them for a refund, which took them 6 weeks to process.

yeah, well I'm not going through all that on this set. I got them for around $13 a book which is around half guide even for FN's and I can get my money out of them.

I just thought I was getting a killer deal - which is a buzz kill.

Another thing that added to my puzzlement was the fact you are forced to check out with raw wins separate from CGC wins and you have to pay another shipping fee.

Seriously? That's crazy.

Can't speak for Comic Link but Comic Connect will take returns for basically no reason (customer unhappy with book).

As a consignor I remember having to relist a CGC 9.8 copy of New Mutants 98 because the customer did not like the look of the book when he came in to pick it up. The book sold later that month (for a slightly lower offer I accepted) with no problems at all.

Thats not really all that good a thing. Suppose you have a book in their auction that sells for $1,000.

Knowing it is sold, you buy a book for $700. A week later you find out your book is a no sale, and you owe $700 out of pocket for the book you bought. Do you pay or also do a no sale on it?

Auction books should not be able to be returned simply because of buyers remorse.

Another thing that added to my puzzlement was the fact you are forced to check out with raw wins separate from CGC wins and you have to pay another shipping fee.

Seriously? That's crazy.

I think CL keeps stuff in different locations. Some stuff was still kept in Brooklyn not that long ago.

Seriously? That's crazy.

I think CL keeps stuff in different locations. Some stuff was still kept in Brooklyn not that long ago.

You also have to check out art separately and ship it separately. This is frustrating when, like me, you buy a small sketch that could easily and safely be shipped with the books you won, but instead you're charged $20 in separate shipping.

Thats not really all that good a thing. Suppose you have a book in their auction that sells for $1,000.

Knowing it is sold, you buy a book for $700. A week later you find out your book is a no sale, and you owe $700 out of pocket for the book you bought. Do you pay or also do a no sale on it?

Auction books should not be able to be returned simply because of buyers remorse.

My examples were from fixed priced listings. I think auctions work the same way but do not know for sure.

I would give them a call. I once bid on a GA book and didn't notice that the corner piece had completely fallen off in the slab. It was obvious that the damage was post grading. I spoke to them on the phone and they agreed that the book wasn't suitable for sale so they cancelled my order.

I am having trouble bidding on Comiclink auctions these days. I was burned on an item that never listed it had overspray on a fixed listing. After that I called in, but the last two items I was interested in they said also had overspray on them. Not worth my time, I know another will come by elsewhere. I agree about the back cover scans. It would save time & money for everyone.