• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's HALLOWEEN 2013...show off your best horror themed SS books!

39 posts in this topic

Since it is HALLOWEEN week, I thought it would be nice to post the best horror themed SS books. Here are some of mine:

One of the greatest of all cast signed SS books, 1978 HALLOWEEN cast book:

CGCSSHalloweenCastsignedBookb_zps09959b8c.jpg

CGCSSHalloweenCastsignedbooka_zps32477b12.jpg

1981 HALLOWEEN II cast signed book:

CGCSSFangoria15HalloweenIIcast_zps31c5909b.jpg

1968 Night of the Living Dead cast signed book (arguably the greatest horror film ever!):

CGCSSNightoftheLivingDeadcasta_zps78566ff3.jpg

It doesn't get much scarier than The Exorcist, this book is signed by the film's famed director William Friedkin!

CGCSSCastleofFrankenstein22Friedkin_zps5f93202b.jpg

This pre-code horror gem is signed by Stan Lee and Russ Heath (cover artist):

CGCSSSuspense24a_zpsb45e0848.jpg

This pre-code Atlas comic has a cover by the late great Gene Colan, who signed the book:

CGCSSAdvintoTerror27_zps8a34063b.jpg

This CLASSIC pre-code gem is signed by cover artist Jack Katz:

CGCSSOutoftheShadows8_zps2ab5f0d4.jpg

Speaking of pre-code horror, we can't leave out an EC comic, this one is signed by cover artist Al Feldstein:

CGCSSTalesofTerrorAnnual3Feldstein_zps48e596ff.jpg

Can you guess which cast signed this book?

CGCSSCREEPSHOWcastsigned_zps897186c0.jpg

This book is signed by the original Friday the 13th cast including Sean Cunningham (director, producer) and KEVIN BACON!!!

CGCSSFamousMonsters163a_zpsf8a3dd89.jpg

Return of the Living Dead cast:

CGCSSRueMorgue71LivingDeadCast_zps07c364e0.jpg

The ORIGINAL 1974 Texas Chainsaw Massacre cast + Tobe Hooper!!!

CGCSSTCMFearbookGORECastsignedb_zpsce149640.jpg

CGCSSTCMFearbookGORECastsigned_zpse703b1c5.jpg

Vampirella issue 1 signed by co-creators Jim Warren and the great Forrest J Ackerman!

CGCSSVampirella1AckermanandWarren_zps0dbd9f7b.jpg

Speaking of Vampirella, here is a great sketch by Joe Jusko! I guess Vamp didn't dig Wolverine's claws:

CGCSSX-MenJuskoVampirella_zps5466f2a7.jpg

From the incomparable Master of the Macabre, Bernie Wrightson, The Bride of Frankenstein:

CGCSSWrightsonBrideofFrankenstein_zpsc4a2a0f6.jpg

This is the KING of all zombie themed sketch covers, courtesy of Nat Jones:

CGCSSWalkingDead109NatJones_zpsfbc08f2d.jpg

Walking Dead issue one signed by Robert Kirkman and singed + sketched by Tony Moore!

CGCSSWalkingDeadissue1MooreampKirkman_zps445e8269.jpg

Kudos to Michael Balent for getting this one done, signed by 3 members of the cast of the 1979 Luio Fulci classic ZOMBIE :

CGCSSFangoria8ZOMBIECast_zps04cfed60.jpg

Gotta have a Hellraiser cast signed book:

CGCSSHellraiser1PercivalcvrCastsignedb_zpsdc86ce35.jpg

CGCSSHellraiser1Percivalcvrcastsigneda_zpsd12efa54.jpg

Here's a tribute to the great Universal Mosters films! This book is signed by Sarah Karloff, Julie Adams (Creature from the Black Lagoon), and Carla Laemele (who appeared in the 1925 Phantom of the Opera & 1931 Dracula). Carla turns 104 years old this year!!!

CGCSSRueMorgue127_zpsf92aa501.jpg

There's a BAD MOON RISING, this Rue Morgue is signed by the American Werewolf in London cast and crew John Landis, David Naughton, Rick Baker, and others who worked on the award winning make-up effects:

CGCSSRueMorgue93castsigneda_zps05157488.jpg

If you have ever seen the Japanese classic AUDITION, then you know how cool this book really is:

CGCSSRueMorgue48_zps0bb2dda2.jpg

Here is a FANGORIA # 50 signed + a Freddy Kruger sketch by Robert Englund! Who knew he could sketch with those claws on?

CGCSSFangoria50_zps42825601.jpg

Rue Morgue signed by the PHANTASM cast + director:

CGCSSRueMorgue65PhantasmCasta_zps8eb16b71.jpg

My absolute favorite issue of Famous Monsters of Filmland (issue 17) signed by Jim Warren and cover artist Basil Gogos!

CGCSSFamousMonsters17_zpsd5800ea1.jpg

At this point Wes Craven. There are only 3 or 4 books in the SS universe with a Wes Carven signature on it. I'm hoping he will make some convention appearances in the upcoming years. Clive Barker has several SS books, but it is very unlikely he will ever attend another convention due to very bad health issues (this according to his convention agent). Carpenter still does conventions 2 or 3 times a year.

:golfclap:

Those cast-signed books are amazing, and difficult to obtain - let alone getting them CGC'd. I know people who cart books around for years to conventions trying to complete their cast-signed stuff. Amazing collection!

At this point Wes Craven. There are only 3 or 4 books in the SS universe with a Wes Carven signature on it. I'm hoping he will make some convention appearances in the upcoming years. Clive Barker has several SS books, but it is very unlikely he will ever attend another convention due to very bad health issues (this according to his convention agent). Carpenter still does conventions 2 or 3 times a year.

Well the fact he still has a convention agent seems promising :)

Predator - Bill Paxton

null_zpse502f9c8.jpg

Walking Dead Magazine - Charlie Adlard Michonne Sketch

30792FAA-66DB-4A0A-BBE5-77DE2FB5D743-1757-000000CE6964956E_zps1023065d.jpg

Frankenstein Alive Alive - Steve Niles and Bernie Wrightson

A5C10E6E-6882-4B35-ADF2-F3804C30098F-1013-00000157D66C02EC.jpg

John Carpenters Asylum - Signed by John Carpenter, Sandy King and Balke

edfc3b28.jpg

I have a couple....

MathesonLegend020_zpsb525c843.jpg

Predator21Glover002_zps2c3a062b.jpg

Terminatedeffer003_zps8d3e00db.jpg

Aliens1CACast002_zps93610f06.jpg

Night199052_zps9c7effe3.jpg

JustaGirl99053_zps9275edf6.jpg

DawnoftheDead98051_zps3bd98d04.jpg

CarpenterCinefan009_zps4dc9ccd5.jpg

HalloweenCast1003_zps1081ec5f.jpg

Creepymultisigned005_zpsb43e8bb2.jpg

There are a few more, here and there that I don't have scanned.

I forgot these HORRIFIC gems:

This is so cool and signed by Canibal Holocaust director Rodrigo Deodato! If you haven't seen Canibal Holocaust, let's just say it meets and exceeds it's gruesome reputation!

CGCSSDeepRedDeadato_zps5ff9c9bf.jpg

Here is without question the best Dawn of the Dead cast book, an original 1978 poster book signed by 12 cast & crew members including Dario Argento, George A. Romero, and composer Claudio Simonetti (Goblin)!

CGCSSDawnoftheDeadpbcastsignedb_zps4f85325f.jpg

CGCSSDawnoftheDeadpbcastsigneda_zps5a61d5ac.jpg

Here is a Fangoria 284 signed by so many Horror film ICONS, I don't even know where to start! This was put together by the great Jesse Campbell and includes a signature from James Wan (director of SAW and The Conjuring):

CGCSSFangoria284a_zpse9fd4c36.jpg

CGCSSFangoria284b_zpsb4fe0b92.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!