• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One Year Ago, today!

6 posts in this topic

Or one step closer.

Hurricane Sandy hit the eastern sea board. Philadelphia was suppose to be slammed, it wasn't. I went to work that day hoping I wouldn't spend money online searching for comic books. I was as wrong as forecasters telling my fellow Philadelphians we were going to get the brunt of the storm.

Like today, I went in on my day off. So I'm wondering, am I going to make a purchase today or am I going to actually make some money on my day off. I need to get caught up. If I don't, all my plans for next year will be for nothing. I'm almost ready for both the Megacon and Eccc, and I'm thinking Supercon.

These cons can't happen, then there is the possibility if no con at all in 2015. I am thinking Europe that year. So I have another invoice get received from CCS bringing my tally to 5. This was from Baltimore. Fast track is slower than promised, but it seems like CGC is acting like the little engine that could. They are still behind, but with so many of my invoices showing life I'm not that worried about it.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

Ps. The first clues answer is Marvel as guessed. No one got the second clue of "29". If no one gets it by tomorrow I will give the third clue and possibly answer the second.

Pps. This is my first morning in a while and I'm rushing to post this. Please excuse my non edited form.

14542.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Wow. Europe would be really cool. Too bad I won't fly or I would visit a few different places around the world. Ireland would be first on my list.

I too am having to put aside funds for a few shows for next year. I definitely want to do Megacon, Supercon and Tampa Bay. I 'll have to wait and see if Baltimore is another option again.

I'm all about flying and hope to one day make it to LSCC (London Super Comic Con). Dublin was really nice when I went through and nothing like having a pint in a small hole in the wall pub their.

As for me this coming year is already looking like a great...yet expensive year for me. Right now I'm trying to talk the wife (yeah, married people have to do this) into letting me attend ECCC. Funny, compared to asking for permission when I was younger from my parents was a hell of a lot easier. As well as will be attending Supercon and then the very next week Capital City Comic Con as well as a four separate Cons in Texas. Hopefullly the guest lists become somewhat set in stone so I know where to go for what Signatures. Would love 2014 to be the year I close out a few Sets as well as make the most of trying to gain Sig's for my X-Force Set from Liefeld, Capullo, Cheung, and Olivetti. Additionally I have some huge goals in store for 2014 when it comes to commissioned covers as well...

Who knows, hopefully I can meet up with the New Mutant Brothers at a Con near you.

I'm looking forward to HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC next June. Guests already announced include Arthur Adams, Kevin Eastman, Matt Fraction, Rick Remender and more!

I'm definitely down for some Art Adams Sig Series; he's always been one of my favorite artists. Maybe my Classic X-Men 1 or Excalibur: Mojo Mayhem. I'm also certainly willing to add anyone's New Mutants 38, 39, or Special 1 since I'll be in Arthur Adams's line anyway.

I'm all about flying and hope to one day make it to LSCC (London Super Comic Con). Dublin was really nice when I went through and nothing like having a pint in a small hole in the wall pub their.

As for me this coming year is already looking like a great...yet expensive year for me. Right now I'm trying to talk the wife (yeah, married people have to do this) into letting me attend ECCC. Funny, compared to asking for permission when I was younger from my parents was a hell of a lot easier. As well as will be attending Supercon and then the very next week Capital City Comic Con as well as a four separate Cons in Texas. Hopefullly the guest lists become somewhat set in stone so I know where to go for what Signatures. Would love 2014 to be the year I close out a few Sets as well as make the most of trying to gain Sig's for my X-Force Set from Liefeld, Capullo, Cheung, and Olivetti. Additionally I have some huge goals in store for 2014 when it comes to commissioned covers as well...

Who knows, hopefully I can meet up with the New Mutant Brothers at a Con near you.

Awesome K. My hope is to attend ECCC next year too. Would be great to meet you and some of the other guys.

sig.jpg